Any Dark Souls 1/Remastered Players here?

JayTuut

First Time Player in Dark Souls: Remastered, tips / advice on how I'm going so far?

Hey guys, Level 44 here. Just defeated Quelaag and am wondering a few things.

Are my skill points used well? Again first time playing and first time pyromancer of course.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/QUevHzZ.jpeg

I loved the Utchigatana(+5) and then I've now just moved to Great Scythe(+4) as it does do more damage.

Is this the right weapon to be using right now? The thread I was reading on here says that Great Scythe and Quelaag's Fury sword at the best(?) pyromancer weapons.

I'd love advice on gear/skills (if u can re-allocate them? Not sure if u can) and etc.

Here is my loadout right now: https://i.imgur.com/m20I8nn.jpeg 

Generally speaking you should stick to one build so you don't end up spending points everywhere, that will take you a long time to complete the game (if you don't mind) 
Pyromancy is really OP in ds1, does lot of dps don't think you'll have lots of problem other than having skill issue
You're kinda overleveled here, at SL 45 or 47 I already beat O & S as pure str build
Overall looks solid to me

1 hour ago, EarthG said:

Generally speaking you should stick to one build so you don't end up spending points everywhere, that will take you a long time to complete the game (if you don't mind) 
Pyromancy is really OP in ds1, does lot of dps don't think you'll have lots of problem other than having skill issue
You're kinda overleveled here, at SL 45 or 47 I already beat O & S as pure str build
Overall looks solid to me

O & S? tf is O & S, also i've been reading into the wiki so spoilers are fine.

Also I've been playing with my mate so I guess my levels are higher because I would do the boss with him, then do it myself, repeat etc.

I'm not really having any issues just wondering where to really go from here. 

I accidently sent the pyromancer dude off to go be hollow'ed as I told him where I got my cool pyromancies from (farkkkk, didnt know that would do that lol, rip upgrading it unless I go to spida girl but he was a lot more convenient)

Here is my rant while he's asleep lol:

y5fxIzH.png

5 hours ago, JayTuut said:

First Time Player in Dark Souls: Remastered, tips / advice on how I'm going so far?

Hey guys, Level 44 here. Just defeated Quelaag and am wondering a few things.

Are my skill points used well? Again first time playing and first time pyromancer of course.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/QUevHzZ.jpeg

I loved the Utchigatana(+5) and then I've now just moved to Great Scythe(+4) as it does do more damage.

Is this the right weapon to be using right now? The thread I was reading on here says that Great Scythe and Quelaag's Fury sword at the best(?) pyromancer weapons.

I'd love advice on gear/skills (if u can re-allocate them? Not sure if u can) and etc.

Here is my loadout right now: https://i.imgur.com/m20I8nn.jpeg 

dont tell me you put levels in intelligence, it doesnt do anything XD

5 hours ago, JayTuut said:

O & S? tf is O & S, also i've been reading into the wiki so spoilers are fine.

O&S = Ornstein & Smough, the main boss(es) of Anor Londo. Personally I don't think there's any "right" weapon to be using, people have beaten DS1 at SL1 with nothing but a broken sword, and Pyromancies don't scale with stats (other than faster cast speed with higher dex, caps at like 45 i think?) so just find something with a moveset you like and stick with that :) 

And most importantly, "Be safe, friend. Don't you dare go Hollow." 

9 hours ago, Aysentaro said:

dont tell me you put levels in intelligence, it doesnt do anything XD

I don't believe I did unless it was required for a weapon

From spawn, go to forest, go around, around the back, push the black Knight off, get his halberd (you've now won) continue down, kill Havel enjoyer. 

Then enjoy the game as an op machine 

1 hour ago, Sardeenz said:

From spawn, go to forest, go around, around the back, push the black Knight off, get his halberd (you've now won) continue down, kill Havel enjoyer. 

Then enjoy the game as an op machine 

... wot

U had me until forest.

Also Halberd is way too heavy lol

I haven't played the game in a  while so names have left me lol, I can still remember the route.

You get to undead burg with blacksmith, go all the way downstairs, out into the forest, book the first right you can, follow it down and on the far left is a hydra, opposite direction there's a ledge with a black Knight who has a halberd, get him to fall off the map and you have arguably one of the best weapons in the game, (If it drops for you) get your stats up to use it (you can 2 hand to increase your stats) and it legit makes the game easy mode for a good while because it hits for like 400 - 600 per hit. And you can upgrade it to +5 and it cam be your weapon all the way through your playthrough.

Whenever I played the game I'd go straight there as early as possible, get the weapon and carry on, if rng didn't give it to me, then I'd make a new character and try again lol

There's also another route there but you needed to take the key item when you made your character originally