posts.tf is back

Vortegan

Developer of posts.tf here.

After a few years of inactivity and inventory fetching errors the site should be back up & all working.

For those unfamiliar, the idea was to revive the peer-to-peer style trading that came with outpost. 

Everything should be working for now - still to figure out something more robust for inventory fetching (try later if it doesn't load straight away).

Let me know features or suggestions you may have.

https://posts.tf/

1 hour ago, Vortegan said:

After a few years of inactivity and inventory fetching errors the site should be back up & all working.

For those unfamiliar, the idea was to revive the peer-to-peer style trading that came with outpost. 

Everything should be working for now - still to figure out something more robust for inventory fetching (try later if it doesn't load straight away).

After Bazaar.tf departure, I'm glad to see this post. This is amazing! I hope everything works out, Vortegan.

I personally think a new overlay would be cool for post.tf like backpack.tf having next.backpack.tf that is still in the works.

Good luck!

I'm sure I'll have a ton of suggestions eventually, but I'm super happy to see that it is working again! Thank you for bringing it back to life.

For now I'll just suggest adding https://tf2b.com/ integration for maximum nostalgia purposes.

I really like the format of the website ngl

• Like 3

lmao look at this guy with his good ideas and decent ui whatever dude I’m gonna dump my entire inventory to a dolphin bot cya

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Would you be able to do like a whole server reset and close the trades that are old af? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vortegan said:

This is really cool to see comeback

I love this idea, I wasn’t around for outpost and I’m excited to try it out. My only issue is that how do you plan on keeping the site longterm? Many people will use it for nostalgia and what not, but once it fades out, will there still be use on the site?

boy this is nostalgic

update;

A little bit of feedback, just made a post to try things out.  Instead of labeling the button as an "Edit" button when changing the modifications (quality, KS, craftability) of an item you're looking to trade for (i.e. the right side of the post), it should be labeled as some sort of confirmation/selection.  From my understanding, the little pencil icon in the bottom right of the item square when you hover over it already means 'edit', so this reads like 'edit edit'.

3 hours ago, thecityburns2day said:

Would you be able to do like a whole server reset and close the trades that are old af? 

^ This would be good

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

900f141f9b62bc80926885ffb94433d6.png

mines working fine, skill issue?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Vortegan said:

You should make it so that Strange Unusuals are more apparent, right now the border of one is just full purple, maybe make top & left "unusual color", whilst having right & bottom as "strange color". This is what bazaar.tf used (if i am correct, was a while ago, so i might just be schizo). The Pumpkin Moon effect (and new effects) do not seem to be displaying, but that seems to be an issue with your internal api. please fixerino.

U cant comment on the listings though? Like U could on outpost

21 minutes ago, Bonzo The All-Gnawing said:

U cant comment on the listings though? Like U could on outpost

Every post has a view comments button on the bottom right.

Another note, when creating a post on mobile, you can’t actually tap the edit button when the any offers with unusual quality option is selected. Maybe if you moved the button or made it scroll-able?

IMG_7111.png

i thought you abandoned development? 

I think a good feature would be a competitor to scrap.tf's auctions system. Because of how the system got lobotomized to almost pure only i think you can do well if you allow item stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

i thought you abandoned development? 

I think a good feature would be a competitor to scrap.tf's auctions system. Because of how the system got lobotomized to almost pure only i think you can do well if you allow item stuff.

Maybe only allow certain qualities or block certain qualities

21 hours ago, thecityburns2day said:

Good idea, I removed all posts that weren't bumped in the last 6 months.

17 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

Bad Gateway Error

This happened whilst the site was updating. I have setup a "we are updating" page to fallback on when updating in the future. 

13 hours ago, WinterWhiz said:

You should make it so that Strange Unusuals are more apparent, right now the border of one is just full purple, maybe make top & left "unusual color", whilst having right & bottom as "strange color". This is what bazaar.tf used (if i am correct, was a while ago, so i might just be schizo). The Pumpkin Moon effect (and new effects) do not seem to be displaying, but that seems to be an issue with your internal api. please fixerino.

This is implemented now. Strange Unusuals will show a purple and orange border. 
The new effects should also be added, refresh your inventory and update posts if they are not showing. 

6 hours ago, Rainy said:

Another note, when creating a post on mobile, you can’t actually tap the edit button when the any offers with unusual quality option is selected. Maybe if you moved the button or made it scroll-able?

Improved popups on mobile, they are now scrollable.