TF2 promo item event at London MCM 2024

vytal

Hi everyone, in collaboration with liquid.tf, AsiaFortress will be hosting its first IRL TF2 community event (outside of Asia 😭 ) at MCM Comic Con London on the 25th of May from 10am (ish) to 4pm (ish)

We will be hosting events and I will be personally giving away some of these cards to the attendees of the event to celebrate the TF2 Cosplayer (& general) community. The cards are completely free to receive and all events are free to participate in. The back of these cards will include a promo code that once claimed, will grant you a one-of-a-kind promotional item in Team Fortress 2.

Please note that these cards may be limited in quantity and may run dry pretty quickly depending on how many people show up to the event (I'm too broke to print more). If you are in the area, feel free to stop by and say hello!!! and maybe make some friends along the way

I believe that these types of community events & meetups help to foster long-term friendships and above all, are critical in building a healthy and devoted fanbase. I am dedicated to helping support these IRL events in any way I can ❤️

In addition to our TF2 community event, Valve Convention Cosplayers will be hosting a Cosplay Meetup at 2pm Saturday and Sunday on the green outside the West ExCel entrance. See their website for more details. (I will be there)
https://valveconventioncosplayers.co.uk/

image.png.99c3f9700519b920c201ad4b5e140131.pngimage.png.a612b483b60d3529746bf62505905b90.png

Nice! Never going there, whats the item gonna look like?

5 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

Homie said: "Damn, that's crazy. Anyways:"

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

It will be a medal! As for specifics, we will reveal it during/after the event

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, vytal said:

Hi everyone, in collaboration with liquid.tf, AsiaFortress will be hosting its first IRL TF2 community event (outside of Asia 😭 ) at MCM Comic Con London on the 25th of May from 10am (ish) to 4pm (ish)

We will be hosting events and I will be personally giving away some of these cards to the attendees of the event to celebrate the TF2 Cosplayer (& general) community. The cards are completely free to receive and all events are free to participate in. The back of these cards will include a promo code that once claimed, will grant you a one-of-a-kind promotional item in Team Fortress 2.

Please note that these cards may be limited in quantity and may run dry pretty quickly depending on how many people show up to the event (I'm too broke to print more). If you are in the area, feel free to stop by and say hello!!! and maybe make some friends along the way

I believe that these types of community events & meetups help to foster long-term friendships and above all, are critical in building a healthy and devoted fanbase. I am dedicated to helping support these IRL events in any way I can ❤️

image.png.99c3f9700519b920c201ad4b5e140131.pngimage.png.a612b483b60d3529746bf62505905b90.png

Aww I live in the US. I won't be able to make it. It does sound like fun though!

Woah, that's sick! OP, were you involved with the organization of this? I'd love to do something for the convention scene in my area (definitely not for the reason of wanting a cool promo for doing a TF2 cosplay that I would have done anyway)

I'll be doing exams during the time. Wish I could be there brodie. If you have one left over could I snag it :D (with a shot asking)

5 hours ago, Shelley Duvall said:

Woah, that's sick! OP, were you involved with the organization of this? I'd love to do something for the convention scene in my area (definitely not for the reason of wanting a cool promo for doing a TF2 cosplay that I would have done anyway)

I was not involved with the organization of the event & meetup itself, I just landed in the UK not too long ago but I thought it would be nice to start doing these kinds of events for TF2 whereever I can.

If there is a sizable TF2 fanbase at the convention scene in your area I can definitely take a look!

Albeit It's very expensive to travel to these so I don't think it will happen too often, but I'll see what I can do.

I would love to host my own events but logistically would be quite hard especially since I am in a different country & studying too.

2 hours ago, thaboy said:

I'll be doing exams during the time. Wish I could be there brodie. If you have one left over could I snag it :D (with a shot asking)

Unfortunately not, any selling of the code or claiming on another's behalf would get the code nullified immediately to stay in line with Valve's policies. We also have a relatively short window for claiming, after which we will destroy all codes.

2 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Do it in Australia Vytal :( 

Maybe...

Unfortunately the only London I’m somewhat near to is London, Ontario 

• Haha 2

OMG this is so exciting!!! I will be there on all 3 days. I really hope to see you :) 

I'm going as combat medic, combat engineer, then trolldier. Not 100% sure about which days I'll do which yet

I am also going to be giving away tf2 stuff at the con so say hi to me if you see me!

vbqlZM-hQKS-R3vg0H3aMA.jpg

Can you pay for our air fares as well so people NOT in the UK can come join? 

On 5/15/2024 at 9:42 PM, PotatoSlide said:

OMG this is so exciting!!! I will be there on all 3 days. I really hope to see you :) 

I'm going as combat medic, combat engineer, then trolldier. Not 100% sure about which days I'll do which yet

I am also going to be giving away tf2 stuff at the con so say hi to me if you see me!

vbqlZM-hQKS-R3vg0H3aMA.jpg

Hope to see you there too! I'll keep my eyes peeled

On 5/15/2024 at 5:21 AM, vytal said:

The back of these cards will include a promo code that once claimed, will grant you a one-of-a-kind promotional item in Team Fortress 2.

On 5/15/2024 at 5:56 AM, vytal said:

It will be a medal!

disappointed-sad.gif

I'll be there Friday, ill be wearing a cool hat ! Please find me ! this is my first time I don't know what I'm doing !

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 7:37 AM, CaseY said:

I'll be there Saturday, can't wait to meet you guys !

🫡 Can't wait to meet all of you too!

12 hours ago, poespas said:

I'll be there Friday, ill be wearing a cool hat ! Please find me ! this is my first time I don't know what I'm doing !

I have no clue what I'm doing as well, unfortunately, I will not be wearing as cool a hat as you but I'll keep my eyes peeled 😎