Pricing Event Easter 2024 Results!

Erik

Hello everyone, the results are out!

Before we begin I'd like to give a big compliment to all the event participants. In only 4 days, over ~1500 suggestions were submitted. With 1451 points handed out by the mod team, we have set a record for the total amount of unusuals updated! We have only had to close a couple of suggestions. The overall teamwork and quality were outstanding. I'd also like to thank the mods, admins and event helpers for their hard work during this event! Last but not least, a big shoutout to Jesse and the marketplace.tf team for providing us with a whopping $550 in marketplace.tf giftcards in the prize pool. That's right, the prize pool got upped by $50 to include a new 3rd place prize since the score got pretty close and we felt like a 3rd place prize was in order.  Let's get to the results.

Placement Awards

These are prizes that are based on the amount of points scored.

First place - $150 marketplace.tf credit and a winners badge on your backpack.tf profile.

The team with the highest amount of points and the ultimate winner of the Pricing Event is... Team 4!

Second place - $100 marketplace.tf credit and a runners up badge on your backpack.tf profile.

The runner-up team this event is Team 5!

Third place - $50 marketplace.tf credit and a badge on your backpack.tf profile.

The new bronze medal goes to Team 3!

Mod Choice Awards

These are prizes that were chosen by the price moderation staff.

Mod’s Choice: Quality - $100 marketplace.tf credit and a mod’s choice badge on your backpack.tf profile.

This event, the Quality award goes to Team 2! As per usual the Quality and Teamwork prizes were a tough call! While all teams delivered great suggestions and multiple teams were considered for the award, Team 2 ended up taking the prize home. Their impressive feat of submitting nearly 300 suggestions, with none requiring closure by a mod and only minimal adjustments were necessary on a very small amount of suggestions, speaks volumes about their commitment to quality. With only a few mod closes in over 1500 suggestions I would also like to take this opportunity to say good job to all the other teams as well!

Mod’s Choice: Teamwork - $100 marketplace.tf credit and a mod’s choice badge on your backpack.tf profile. 

This event, the Teamwork award goes to Team 6! This event the teamwork was impressive across the board. However Team 6's efficient collaboration, heavily involving practically every team member in the process and their efficient internal coordination stood out. It was great to see all the amazing teamwork by the different teams!

Best Leader - $25 marketplace.tf credit and a badge on your backpack.tf profile.

The best leader/MVP this event is... Jarool! Jarool wins the Leader/MVP award due to his levelheaded approach, inclusivity in involving newcomers and an active role in guiding the team. He is able to seamlessly transfer his own suggestion knowledge to his team mates. It's no surprise that the best newcomer is from the same team....

Best Newcomer - $25 marketplace.tf credit and a badge on your backpack.tf profile.

The best newcomer of this event is paperfacee! Paperfacee has made some high quality suggestions during the event. He went above and beyond to make high quality suggestions. His high activity level, willingness to collaborate with his team and quick grasp of the suggestion process make him worthy of the newcomer prize.

Participation Awards

These are prizes that are relevant for every active participant.

Every (active) participant will be awarded a month of backpack.tf premium! This was applied before the event started for convenience reasons. In addition, you will also receive $0,10 of donation credit for each point that your team scored! If your team scored 100 points, you will get $10 of donation credit applied to your backpack.tf profile. If you wish to have your donation credit applied to your bot, let me know within 24hrs of this thread being posted. You can do so by pinging me in your team channel, sending me a discord DM or a forum DM. Do note that, unless the bot is completely your own, the donation credit cannot be transfered back.

SCOREBOARD:

Team 1 115
Team 2 257,5
Team 3 295
Team 4 316
Team 5 300,5
Team 6 167

Total: 1451

If you still have suggestions by your team that are open, don't worry. We have sometimes applied points for suggestions that have to remain open for a variety of reasons, but might be fine anyway after a bit of waiting. Your donation credit will be handled within a couple of days. The marketplace giftcards will be sent to you through a private message on the site. Let me know in your team channel how you plan to divide the funds amongst eachother. If you haven't yet, feel free to fill out the survey I posted in the announcement channel.

Again I'd like to fully thank everyone involved, the participants, staff, event helpers and Jesse for making this event a great one. With a record breaking amount of unusuals updated this is surely an event to remember. Now let's see if we can break this record in the next event, right? For now it's time to enjoy your prizes. Join us in the event-general for a celebratory cookie!

Thanks everyone and enjoy your prizes! See you at the next pricing event!

I too thought bepo was gonna get best newcomer, i preemptively congratulated them, that being said, congratulations to all newcomers for participating!

really big shoutout to Crimson for carrying Team 4 though, Without him doing 16 hour shifts, double checking our suggestions and proof reading our mistakes, I don't think team 4 could have done it without you.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ajdislikesyournamingpolicy said:

image.png?ex=6626676f&is=6613f26f&hm=cc684fa7ac01feee8c433132032fcd11ae7b5cd58f6c6eed62d94fd6be4961b1&=

ggs to everyone, beponeko got robbed for best newcomer

Wait no I'm the balding suggester not u

Just now, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

prove it lel

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Erik said:

Now let's see if we can break this record in the next event, right?

Chapter 1: Insanity

gg's to all, icy thank you for teaching me way more about price suggesting than I knew before!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see the events are still happening, I want to thank each of the teams and in particular Erik and marketplace.tf
A lot of items that were without a price and hindered many, including me as a seller, got a price. On top of that, things that were out of price (like those that took damage from crate depression - 3rd gens mostly). 
Including 1st gens that have also increased in the last six months to a year, have also been updated, which help and make new buyers and sellers happy
It's great that the tradition continues, that people are still interested and enjoy making trading in the game better and more convenient, thanks everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sum1 said:

who was on what team? I don't remember the rosters lol, anyone got a link?

Forgot to quote, check post above for the info lol.

7 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

10 likes and you post a photo of the top of your head?

• Sad 1

After a decade of suggesting, I made it into my first event! :D

Thanks to everyone, I think our team did great teamwork and I made some new friends! It also made me a better suggestor and I thank the team for running this.

• Like 1

Paperface's work in the event really can't be understated. Very well deserved best newcomer.

Prior to the event, they had no suggestions made (if i remember correctly), and they still:

• Created an excellent google drive hub for us to use because my dumb ass couldn't figure it out
  • Took any criticisms without any issues, not that there was much to be had
  • Had very high quality formatting, which made everything easy to use
  • Went through the effort of adding 84 people to confirm sales, and was respectful to them. I'd never gone out of my way to add people for confirmation of sales in my years of suggesting. At best, I'd ask them if they were already friended, or ping them in discord if I knew they were a regular there

And of course, the rest of the team did an excellent job and were very highly motivated throughout the whole event. I'm pretty sure we got participation from everyone on every day, except for the one that sadly didn't show up. I saw improvement from everyone in every aspect throughout the event, and I hope to be matched with them in future events :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Administrators

Great job all, and thanks so much to Erik for organising, cashew for coming up with the lists, and all the price mods for handling 100s of suggestions so quickly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Erik changed the title to Pricing Event Easter 2024 Results!