150 Earbud Phish

Skretak007

So i have recently bought an Unusual Scorching Noh Mercy and i actually did not plan on selling it except of some hat that i'd trade it for. Using backpack.tf premium membership, i tracked down where my current dream unusual is, and the Scorching Crone's seems to be in a collector's backpack.

I have sent him an offer of my Noh + XX pure for it, saying that any further discussion would be really appreciated, but after 3 days, he has not responded to it / has not declined it / has not accepted my add.

But today, something strange has happened. I checked my steam and realized i have a trade offer, with the 1o1 Scorching Crone's for my Noh, just like that, 1:1. I checked the guy and he had a private profile, i checked backpack.tf and the Crone's had the same exact level as the original one has. The guy has been offline for 37 hours now and that is 2 days of being offline, tho, before this, he was online every day for at least an hour.

I am not sure what i should do. Trade it, and take that 2nd Crone's, or let someone else have it? It will be sold soon or later, i am sure.

Links:

Old owner: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960560834/

New owner: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043079968/

Stats: http://backpack.tf/premium/search?cat=particle&particle=14&defindex=920/

post-6220-0-96784400-1407677688_thumb.jpg

Take it and run, maybe he just sold it? There are alot of private profiles legit high-tier traders. Why would he give it to his alt and sell it for cheaper than you offered? Then he could just accept your first offer...

I'm not sure. It is a real offer, tho, the old owner (collector) still has the Crone's in his backpack, so it seems to be duped / extremely rare unbox with the same level. But still, Steam Support does not grant items back if they are stolen that fast, and this has happened in hours.

Take it and run, maybe he just sold it? There are alot of private profiles legit high-tier traders. Why would he give it to his alt and sell it for cheaper than you offered? Then he could just accept your first offer...

WOAH. Bad advice. 

Skretak, if you have to ask yourself whether it's safe to trade with a person, it probably isn't. And this one is as clear cut as it gets. Thanks for the info. Going to ban him here. Wondering if this is a weird trade offer glitch or whether this is an old duped copy? This is pretty weird. Not sure how this private profile would know that you made the offer in the first place

Checked it through several Internet Browsers, still the same result. But there's a problem:

If he was a phisher, why wouldnt he just accept my last offer that was active and it was Noh + a LOT of pure for it?

If he was a phisher, how could he get the same unusual but still keep the old one at the original owner's backpack?

If he was a phisher, he would need at least 3-10 days to get steam support to grant the items back, which did not happen.

It seems to be real offer, but somehow extremely fast phished or duped, which i am not sure how he could do that...

Also, he could possibly unbox the unusual some time ago and it wouldnt appear on stats.tf since his profile is private, but then, its the most lucky unbox i've ever seen.

• Administrators

I don't know really. Never seen anything like this before. Weird. You are right that Steam support does not grant items back that quickly.

Very weird. 

WOAH. Bad advice. 

Skretak, if you have to ask yourself whether it's safe to trade with a person, it probably isn't. And this one is as clear cut as it gets. Thanks for the info. Going to ban him here. Wondering if this is a weird trade offer glitch or whether this is an old duped copy? This is pretty weird. Not sure how this private profile would know that you made the offer in the first place

It is real, checked it many times and it still is the same. I have not posted the information about me buying the crone's anywhere except of 2 well-trusted friends that do know about it, but there is no chance he would get it somehow.. so this only makes me think its more likely a phish than extreme luck in unbox.

• Administrators

Checked it through several Internet Browsers, still the same result. But there's a problem:

If he was a phisher, why wouldnt he just accept my last offer that was active and it was Noh + a LOT of pure for it?

If he was a phisher, how could he get the same unusual but still keep the old one at the original owner's backpack?

If he was a phisher, he would need at least 3-10 days to get steam support to grant the items back, which did not happen.

It seems to be real offer, but somehow extremely fast phished or duped, which i am not sure how he could do that...

Also, he could possibly unbox the unusual some time ago and it wouldnt appear on stats.tf since his profile is private, but then, its the most lucky unbox i've ever seen.

Exactly, did you try adding the old user to confirm if he was scammed? HIjacked doesn't look like the case here because the old user still have shit ton of valuable items in his backpack.

I feel as though it is just to much of a coincidence that he offered you right after you offered on someone else crones.. did you list anywhere that you were looking for a crones?

• Administrators

It is real, checked it many times and it still is the same. I have not posted the information about me buying the crone's anywhere except of 2 well-trusted friends that do know about it, but there is no chance he would get it somehow.. so this only makes me think its more likely a phish than extreme luck in unbox.

If you get phished, hijackers transports all valuable items into their alts. Never keeps it in.

The old user still have his keys, buds, other unusuals, stranges and whatnot.

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197960560834

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2403762900,920,5 Only one previous owner has painted it lime. Has Randombrother ever been hijacked?

Yeah. iirc, I believe randombrother was indeed hijacked before and people were wondering where the duped hat went. It's still odd that Skretak made the trade offer to SoulRebel and then got a return trade offer for the same hat from that private profile. 

Yeah. iirc, I believe randombrother was indeed hijacked before and people were wondering where the duped hat went. It's still odd that Skretak made the trade offer to SoulRebel and then got a return trade offer for the same hat from that private profile. 

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18322068

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17857412

Seems like both the scorching and burning crone would have been duped.

Edit: burning sold before the hijack.

Exactly, did you try adding the old user to confirm if he was scammed? HIjacked doesn't look like the case here because the old user still have shit ton of valuable items in his backpack.

Yep, after i sent the trade offer (3-4 days ago), i also added him, but he has never rejected / changed / accepted my add or the offer itself.

Nope, never listed the information about me looking for this exact hat except of telling 2 of my very good friends. Nobody except of the original owner has seen the offer, unless some guy went on his account, checked the offer, somehow duped the hat instantly and then offered it to me for 1:1, even tho he could have done my Noh + Pure for it as it was in the trade offer, which he did not use.

So yeah, it seems to be the RandomBrother's one (he got phished when he owned it).

Still not sure why he picked my unusual and offered me. Most probably because he was checking Random's newer trades and found that Noh, then found me and offered me.

Btw: If i took it, it would be most probably taken as trading with scammers, right?

Btw: If i took it, it would be most probably taken as trading with scammers, right?

Yes, it will be known that you traded with a known hijacker/scammer (polar banned him on bp already)

Something's phishy here...

My recommendation: Do not trade yet.  If you can speak to the 2nd owner, get him to maybe set his profile to public for a short bit, research the hat he's offering, basically do everything you can do to ensure the offer is legitimate then perhaps it's a consideration.  If he doesn't want to cooperate, or you do research and find it's duped, I wouldn't make the trade.  

The really unsettling thing is that he KNOWS you offered on a scorching crones...

Yes, it will be known that you traded with a known hijacker/scammer (polar banned him on bp already)

Adding on to this although steamrep wont do anything for months outpost would respond in  a few days and they dont take things lightly especially when it comes to the very expensive stuff

Just an FYI, I bought the Scorching Crones from Mooz for a lot of high tier unusuals and my BP has never been hijacked. All of this is news to me and if that trade request screenshot is legit then im really pissed off. 

Just an FYI, I bought the Scorching Crones from Mooz for a lot of high tier unusuals and my BP has never been hijacked. All of this is news to me and if that trade request screenshot is legit then im really pissed off. 

I can confirm it is legit, tho, can you confirm my add? D: thanks!

Maybe this is just a magical early Christmas miracle? 

Quite odd, I have to say. Not really sure what to input tho since I've never seen or heard of something happening like this.

Idk.

Check:

-Your steam site, is it REALLY the official one

-Your PC. Maybe you have a virus tht changes a scrap or something to that crones.

Must be a bug tho, http://steamcommunity.com/id/SoulRebel-TF2/inventory/ still has it

No paint on it.............

Did he remove it? Or is it a virus that changes the scrap to that............................

conspiracy!

Archived