Is this allowed in the classifieds?

Chief D

2sBhl.jpg

The item will always be on top of the rest. I'm going to delete it because it's unfair. We should be able to let the owner of the classified listing why it was deleted and I think it should be a rule not to do that.

Its allowed, just ask him to add a weapon to the trade :) lol. I f he doesnt then you can banhammer.

I think it's bullshit. I get many reports of people saying "I added him and he asks more than the price posted." I just remove the listing as I see no proof of it. 

Then people will post 5.98 or 5.97, Not sure if you can post 5.989

I'm removing any listing like this one.

I've listed items for 1.99 ref, and the notes said "I give a crate change"

I think it backfired and confused people rather than being super clever and keeping me at the top of the list--ended up selling it on outpost for 2 ref flat anyway

I've listed items for 1.99 ref, and the notes said "I give a crate change"

I think it backfired and confused people rather than being super clever and keeping me at the top of the list--ended up selling it on outpost for 2 ref flat anyway

I thought about doing that, but it would mean a lot of user abuse.

what issue are you addressing? 

I believe he may have just scanned over it quickly and assumed that 1 user was posting the same item 2 times.  Either that or it's just a random comment?

what issue are you addressing? 

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Listing an item at 3.99 saying you're going to give a crate back would indicate that you're selling 2 items for 4 ref. That'd be against the idea of the classifieds. 

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Listing an item at 3.99 saying you're going to give a crate back would indicate that you're selling 2 items for 4 ref. That'd be against the idea of the classifieds. 

So I'd have to sell that item for 3 ref, 2 rec, 2 scrap, 1 random weapon, and 4 crates?

Wouldn't a crate for change be done anyways?

So I'd have to sell that item for 3 ref, 2 rec, 2 scrap, 1 random weapon, and 4 crates?

Wouldn't a crate for change be done anyways?

You're both missing the practical side of it--as I noted above, the confusion created by the 1.99 FAR outweighs any advantage of being at the top of the list.

Heck, I've have people be confused over what 1.88 ref is; anyone who uses decimals to cheat their way to the top of the classifieds list is actually reducing their buyer base, not increasing it.

I don't mind explicitly banning the practice, but I honestly don't think it's needed

Archived