Help with pricing an item.

cmj_

Well, if it is true, it's glitched and pretty much the only one i ever heard of, so it's up to you. Strange is 22keys so that would be the lowest i'd expect, but realistically? Won't be surprised if you ask 130+ for it and get it(though it may take some time)

Spec Killstreak on a cosmetic adds very little to the value (as it does nothing but extend the name, whereas the professional will at least work as a basic killstreak counter), but there are people who will pay a little more for whatever reason.

For reference, a blank Spec Killstreak kit goes for ~20 keys. Like with anything though, attaching it to something will dramatically drop it's value, the only real exceptions being for weapons that don't have naturally occurring kits like the Rocket Jumper.

1 minute ago, Scott Bakula said:

Spec Killstreak on a cosmetic adds very little to the value (as it does nothing but extend the name, whereas the professional will at least work as a basic killstreak counter), but there are people stupid enough to want to pay more, let them.

Killstreaks on cosmetics do nothing regardless of their tier. Eye effects do not show up if the cosmetic is professional, either. The only cosmetic where the killstreak actually has any effect on the appearance of the item itself is the Bonk Helm, as the hat uses the materials for the original Bonk item, which are setup for killstreak sheens.

Anyways, for OP: in total (excluding potential ones in un-cached backpacks), there's 4 Pro Unique, 6 Spec Unique, 2 Spec Strange, and 1 Pro Strange. Yours effectively falls into the group of "most common" of the Killstreak Potassium Bonnets. With that in mind, there's only 13 Killstreak (of any tier) Potassium Bonnets, and there's 14 Unusual Potassium Bonnets, so you can at least say it's more rare than an Unusual variant.

A universal Specialized kit wants 24 keys right now and a Potassium Bonnet wants 11 keys, so your current price (regardless of it being a placeholder or not) of 65 keys is far too high; 35 keys is the price you could spend to make one yourself, but nobody will pay that high for a Unique-quality variant. I'd personally say that after the kit is applied, its value is effectively halved, so I'd say 22-23 keys is a fair price.

Regardless, it's still a glitched item, and there's a small niche for that; you might be able to get more if you sit on it for a while.

Archived