(scrap.tf)People not paying for auctions is really taking the piss out of me

animallover

This is the 2nd 3rd consecutive time someone hasn't paid for my auction in scrap.tf. It really is bloody annoying as it gives me false hopes and wastes my time. Something more should be done to these people who don't pay, like instead of being banned from auctions ban from using the entire site. I get that it decreases profit for scrap.tf but I can say that there will be a decrease in users who don't pay.

• Like 1

It happened to me once, so as far as I am concerned, it is quite rare. But I really understand your feeling. Those people should be warned the first time and banned for a certain period of time. 

Or another idea would be that bidders deposit their items on a scrap.tf bot. That way, every auction would be paid instantly.

5 minutes ago, Tats said:

It happened to me once, so as far as I am concerned, it is quite rare. But I really understand your feeling. Those people should be warned the first time and banned for a certain period of time. 

Or another idea would be that bidders deposit their items on a scrap.tf bot. That way, every auction would be paid instantly.

But will take up a lot of space , and a ton of the auctions are pure shit , specially the spelled item ones.

51 minutes ago, eXuberant said:

But will take up a lot of space , and a ton of the auctions are pure shit , specially the spelled item ones.

what if auctions with bids like 5 keys or above will have their bids deposited whereas smaller value auctions remain the same

First time is a 1 week ban,second is 1 month, third is perma. I think thats how it works at least. I think it's just a rare situation where you encountered some trolls. I have close to 80 auctions that have been bid on and i can say that only 1 or 2 haven't payed, so just luck i guess. Other than that the system is completely fine IMO.

2 hours ago, Tats said:

think it really depends on what kinda items you're putting up for auction.  it happens to me very often, I mainly use scrap.tf to flip fabricators though so

I personally create auctions to get rid of craft hats or painted items. I sometimes sold low-tier unusuals for currency and items mix.

It just happened once someone didn't pay, and that was something like a painted craft hat.

I think you are a bit unlucky there. Maybe people forget they bid on an auction and don't check if they win, or are no longer interested in it.