Question regarding Marketplace.

S T E W

Alright, so I have been browsing marketplace.tf, and I've come across a hat I would like to purchase.

However, the hat is being sold by a market scammer, but though a marketplace bot.

Would I be banned on backpack/outpost, or even steamrep if i bought said hat? 

If so, why are the bots themselves not banned on trading sites/ marked.

Are they just banned from BP/Outpost or a SteamRep marked scammer? If they are banned on BP or Outpost it should be fine to buy. If they are banned on SteamRep marketplace's bots should have rejected their offers because SteamRep has an API for that.

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198087805689

It's this person. His steamrep is clean, but he has scam reports and many negative trusts regarding the same thing.

Oddly enough, he is the one selling the hat, but in the hat history, it shows another user before the marketplace bot.

Maybe that's it. He wasn't marked, so he COULD list on marketplace. I had my information wrong.

I contacted marketplace support about that person, got the respons that they will look into it, that was a month ago.

So I'm guessing they don't really care about scammers on the site.

5 hours ago, tardlife said:

I contacted marketplace support about that person, got the respons that they will look into it, that was a month ago.

Yeah, i see. But I still would like to know if I would be banned on any of the major sites for buying from him if he isn't marked.

I reported some scammer manually and got him banned (he wasnt market on steamep yet, but was after a few days)

On 5. 8. 2017 at 9:34 PM, tardlife said:

probs forgot about it or too much reports