Require proof on all suggestions

FYDM<Th3_Mann

Suggestion: require 'proof' on all price suggestions. What I mean is that if you don't have some links, you can't make a suggestion. They only pass if someone has links to outpost, bazaar, imgur (for screenshots of inv. history) so if we made links mandatory, we would prevent [bad suggestions]** from clogging up the front page.

[bad suggestions]** =  suggestions made with logic. Example: Crate 40 stopped, so Strange Sapper should go up one key.

[bad suggestions]** =  someone trying to up their bp value

[bad suggestions]** =  someone who sees everyone else making suggestions that up the crate 40 items, so they do it too but don't have any description, never-mind proof.

Let me know if I did something wrong, I'm new to these forums (just arrived to suggest this) and thanks in advance.

Suggestion: require 'proof' on all price suggestions. What I mean is that if you don't have some links, you can't make a suggestion. They only pass if someone has links to outpost, bazaar, imgur (for screenshots of inv. history) so if we made links mandatory, we would prevent [bad suggestions]** from clogging up the front page.

[bad suggestions]** =  suggestions made with logic. Example: Crate 40 stopped, so Strange Sapper should go up one key.

[bad suggestions]** =  someone trying to up their bp value

[bad suggestions]** =  someone who sees everyone else making suggestions that up the crate 40 items, so they do it too but don't have any description, never-mind proof.

Let me know if I did something wrong, I'm new to these forums (just arrived to suggest this) and thanks in advance.

There used to be a guideline for that

but then people would just put search links

There used to be a guideline for that

but then people would just put search links

Have said this somewhere else, but if someone knew they had to put proof links and put a link to google, we could just close it out of hand.

Have said this somewhere else, but if someone knew they had to put proof links and put a link to google, we could just close it out of hand.

Maybe have the need for 2 links (Buying and Selling would often be linked, but it'd be noticeable at a glance)?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Because I'm seeing so many bad suggestions. Watch the site for around 10 minutes, refreshing every minute or so. You'll see what I mean if it's a busy time of day.

I think, making a suggestion doesn't need improvement. You're right, it's really annoying that people are just trying to rise their bp value or make pointless suggestions, but they will earn nothing from this. I mean, their post will just get a lot of downvotes, as the community is very good at finding bad evidence and they will learn that it's not worth it.

Archived