"Gender"

0123847a;fsdaklf

What is your opinion on the word "gender?" It feels like through out my lifetime the word has shaped meanings. 

I looked into the Webster dictionary and it describe gender as being "male or female."  Do you agree that gender is either male or female or lots of different things?  Should someone be called a bigot for not wanting to date or marry a transgender person?

I have not looked too far into issues of gender these days and want to hear it from you people. 

Hmm tough question.

I tend to identify as an Apache Helicopter but sometimes I feel like an F-22.

The struggle is real

also there is nothing wrong with not wanting to date transgender people, its like calling someone a homophobic because he isn't gay himself.

People can be whatever they want to be as long as they dont act like they feel special because they are different. They are just another person that thinks and feels a bit differently than others.

also there is nothing wrong with not wanting to date transgender people, its like calling someone a homophobic because he isn't gay himself.

also i can't have offspring with a dude so theres that

At some point, gender and sex were synonymous, but for whatever reason, that's not the case anymore.

So we all know that sex refers to what's in your pants, but what does gender refer to? Nothing physically grounded, for sure.

Since gender is pretty abstract and doesn't have any real meaning, I'm fine with people identifying as whatever the fuck they want.

You either let others in or are the one who's breaking in. Simple as that. Autism is the source of new so-called genders. 

attack helicopter is still real

It doesn't make anybody a bigot if they wouldn't date/marry someone who is transgender.

For instance, I wouldn't marry a gay male, because I am a straight male, yet, I oppose homophobia.

idgaf about what people think, if your going to be gay, be gay, you can't decide to be transgender and be gay and not gay at the same time just because your fucking indecisive, why the fuck does facebook have 42 genders anyway? and a "custom"?

Gender - Male or Female, if you have a dick, your male, if you have a vagina, then your a female, if you have both then you can choose to be a male or female and have the other one cut off or sewed up, noone wants to give you special treatment for your indecisiveness, choose a fucking gender, get it done, and get it over with

transgender is dumb imo

ya got a dick? you're a dude

got a vagina? you're a grill

you are this until you get a sex change.

im a bigot lmao, take it in

(not rly a bigot kek)

Gender - Male or Female, if you have a dick, your male, if you have a vagina, then your a female, if you have both then you can choose to be a male or female and have the other one cut off or sewed up, noone wants to give you special treatment for your indecisiveness, choose a fucking gender, get it done, and get it over with

There is a difference between a persons gender and a persons sex; What you just described is a persons sex, which is what they are medically classified as based on their genitalia. Gender is what a person identifies as, regardless of their sex, such as transgenders.

I'll admit, society's new definition of gender confuses me a bit. I haven't quite grasped it. All I know is that mayonnaise is a gender? 

Questioning the dictionary seems counter-intuitive.

Have a penis, you're a guy

Have a vagina, you're a girl

Have both, well, you're something

Edit: This is sex, as stated above

AyjevR7.png?1

As for gender, well, I suppose if you act like a female (feminine qualities) or act like a male (masculine properties), depending, you can be either.

If you're a guy, but you like jewelry, pretty colors, the male sex, talk like a woman, then your gender could be a woman

If you're a women, but you dress like a guy, like women sexually, talk deeper, and try to look more like a man, your gender could be a man

Honestly, it's perspective, and I hate perspective-based arguments because there is never a right or wrong answer. Just perspective. Arguing one of these is pointless

gender means if you're a male or if you're a female imo

it doesnt matter if your a transgender furry wolfkin, you refer to yourself as what gender you were born as

i think gender is about personal identity and has nothing to do with your sex, people should have the right and freedom to celebrate their individuality, whats the harm in that? none, some people are just grouchy and cynical

and gender = male or female is a western social concept, not global. many other cultures have very different ideas about gender that are quite interesting.

Gender is the same as sex in my eyes.

What you're born as is what you are.

I don't care how hard you try to make yourself the opposite gender or something stupid like a wolf.

You're still the gender you were born as.

Archived