TF2: Invasion. New update. Real or Fake?

Illominoti

There have been some Leaks lately about a upcoming TF2 Update called Invasion. Basically it's a mvm mode with aliens. 

There are two Youtube Videos and a Workshop site for it. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312298750

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC3S61Ngznk [deleted because there is copyright music in it]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDdrYl04rY

woah. didnt realize there was a workshop group to this too. i have seen those items on the workshop before but didnt realize it was part of a giant set. maybe this is an official update. But the question is this: is this an official VALVE update or is this one they commission'd like the EOTL update? 

The youtube videos are definitely fan made. For the whole workshop thing, mehhh.... I dunno. Feels like this whole "update" is like some random "fanfic" like thing made by some guys.

The youtube videos are definitely fan made. For the whole workshop thing, mehhh.... I dunno. Feels like this whole "update" is like some random "fanfic" like thing made by some guys.

Impossible.

Yeah, these are way to well made for fans to be able to make them

Made by another "Can't Sleep" This is definitely not a fan made sfm.

That's impressive, but may I remind you that this is fan made?

I've heard about something in the actual coding of the game that  a few people mention in the youtube comments as well. What is mvm_invasion.bsp?

It looks smooth and well made enough to be something official, not to mention the rumors it was on the official valve YouTube for a short period of time.

The items are high-quality, I assume if he/they can make items of that quality, they can easily create a equally high-quality SFM.

That's impressive, but may I remind you that this is fan made?

May I remind he was payed and had direct support from valve while creating that video? It's likely this video is fanmade too but with support from valve.

Binary in the desc. leads to this:  

And the binary in it's name says 'Invade me'

EDIT: AND the binary in the description is this: mvm_invasion.bsp

May I remind he was payed and had direct support from valve while creating that video? It's likely this video is fanmade too but with support from valve.

may i remind everone that THIS is fan made?

With all assets from the actual game, the trailer had tons of custom assets, high quality custom voice recordings and better animation.

[OT]Oh look, a video where one of my SFM items (the cellphone Sniper uses at the end) appears.[/OT]

Anyways, I believe is almost true, but whatever are the results, I am pretty sure Valve will reject every single weapon and add all the hats.

As for the map, I think that both rd_asteroid.bsp and this mvm_invasion.bsp map will be featured as part of the update. rd_asteroid as an official map and no more in beta and made by valve, mvm_invasion.bsp made by users.

I just hope there will not be a new version of a golden pan or something like that.

[OT]Oh look, a video where one of my SFM items (the cellphone Sniper uses at the end) appears.[/OT]

Anyways, I believe is almost true, but whatever are the results, I am pretty sure Valve will reject every single weapon and add all the hats.

As for the map, I think that both rd_asteroid.bsp and this mvm_invasion.bsp map will be featured as part of the update. rd_asteroid as an official map and no more in beta and made by valve, mvm_invasion.bsp made by users.

I just hope there will not be a new version of a golden pan or something like that.

If the laser pan is added I will literally cry.

If the laser pan is added I will literally cry.

Let's hope it will not be a rarer loot drop like the goddamn golden frying pan is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived