Initial Update Reactions

Kevin the Chicken God

Thoughts on new update  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the update overall?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the maps and taunts added?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you like the addition of skins, weapon drops, and inspecting weapons?

• Yes to skins, no to others
    • No to skins, yes to others
    • No to all
    • Yes to all
    • Other
  4. 4. Do you like the changes in weapon balancing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda
  5. 5. Will you buy and use a contract?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Favorite New Map?

• Borneo
    • Powerhouse
    • Suijin
    • Snowplow
    • Not sure/Other

Just a thread dedicated to post-update reactions

I guess I'll share my opinions; I really like the new maps, taunts, and most of the gun changes. Weapon dropping hasn't really added much because I play with the guns I want to use anyways, and I feel like weapon inspection should work for every weapon like it does in CSGO. I think I'll buy a contract thing if it becomes cheap, since those sound fun (I haven't used it yet). Overall, I think this is one of the better updates that have been released as of late. They've set up weapon balancing for competitive, added new features that are pretty cool, and the maps are nice. Just figured I'd set up a poll since the forums seem kinda split on 'valve ruining tf2' or whatever.

it's just valve being unoriginal and trying to rush updates seeing the success of operation bloodhound / csgo in general thinking they can double their profits

Looks pretty decent so far, though I don't like the weapon exchange thing.

Borneo is definitely the best map added, since I consider Snowplow a bore and Suijin looks amazing, but that beauty is also distracting.

I like everything they added, but overrall I do not like the update. it broke way too much shit. rocket jumping is broken, stickyjumping is broken, basher jumping is broken, no freezetime in comp, contracts are glitchy as fuck.

I like everything they added, but overrall I do not like the update. it broke way too much shit. rocket jumping is broken, stickyjumping is broken, basher jumping is broken, no freezetime in comp, contracts are glitchy as fuck.

What happened with explosive-jumping?

What happened with explosive-jumping?

every jump you do, no matter how small, acts as if it was a perfect ctap jump

Dead Ringer was completely shit on, excuse my French but I'm a spy main. For that reason alone I don't like the update much.

every jump you do, no matter how small, acts as if it was a perfect ctap jump

And i was wondering why f2p soldiers jumped higher than me...

Also map and taunts should be seperated in the vote since theyre unrelated.

Update reactions: Maybe the skins are a cash grab but at LEAST valve is showing that craps are given about the game. They added new maps and "patched" so weapons so they are collecting some weapon data. Although gg loch and dead ringer. R.i.p my loch ness monster I'm going stock

And i was wondering why f2p soldiers jumped higher than me...

Also map and taunts should be seperated in the vote since theyre unrelated.

I put them together since those seem to be the two things people tend to be overwhelmingly positive about, while skins and drops are more controversial

I doubt anyone is gonna get too upset about the new taunts anyways, so I figured I'd just lump them in

they fucked up pogo rocketjumping. it's like your blast comes from inside of your body now and you don't get the hop that you need.

now what am i supposed to do for 60 seconds during setup phase on offense

they fucked up pogo rocketjumping. it's like your blast comes from inside of your body now and you don't get the hop that you need.

now what am i supposed to do for 60 seconds during setup phase on offense

be a box  B)

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate/love the skins 1. HELLA EXPENSIVE 2. HELLA SWAG

so in the end im not getting them until the next 4 years when the ugly ones are cheap to buy with metal i am the scavanger of tf2 picking up all teh dropped wepons from mister rich

Just downloaded new update and it looks interesting but I got mix feelings about it. So far only MvM was pay to get drops. Introduction of Gun Mettle Campaign Pass makes the new update pay to get drops for the first time since MvM. (I understand that maps are accessible regardless of pass payment). So if that's one off for the Gun Mettle, fine. But I hope that isn't a start of a pattern and from now on every next update continue be accessible only via "pass" feature.

Archived