Could there be values for Killstreaks on backpack ?

PierrePeb

Hey ! So I just traded a professionnal killstreak kit for my Market Gardener, and I had emotion seeing that the value of my backpack dropped of 20$ (lol). Then I remembered it was because of this 10 keys trade. Well, anyway, I was wondering : if we can't relay on the Steam Market for most of the values, why do you have to when trading killstreaks ? 

So maybe I missed something, but it could be something nice on this  already extremely usefull website.

What do you think ?

P.S: My first topic, posted first on the wrong forum (community formu)

Because this would take too damn long, and there are too many combinations.

The only ones we could do it for would be basic ones.

once again, only basic would work.

there are 7 sheens and 7 killstreakers.

That's 57 (one for each combo, as well as 7 for spec, and 1 for basic) suggestions to cover one weapon and it's killstreaks.

I don't know, I am selling a proffesional killstreak frying pan kit fabricator but I don't know for what price. (If you want to buy it add me ^.^)

Then price it as a spectrum, lowest value to highest value. It's better than nothing.

Or at least price the non-Pro killstreaks. Sheens seem to be worth the same without effects to complicate them.

Anyone willing to volunteer to create all the different pages for the killstreaks? The schema doesn't properly differentiate between each kit.

Anyone willing to volunteer to create all the different pages for the killstreaks? The schema doesn't properly differentiate between each kit.

I don't how to make it, but I guess it would be as the unusual spreadsheet? I guess you could just do an addition of value from the sheen on the killstreaker ? 

I think it could be an addition of the values of the sheen and killstreaker? Or something like that ?

Anyway I think the page could be like first the whole killstreak section, divided in " (Price of the basic, links to spec and link to prof) where the sheens/killstreakers would have their own prices and you get an addition of that ( Choosing the sheen + killstreaker, just like backpacks selection mode ?). This is just "If".

I'd be fine with seeing the regular killstreak kits priced. Specialized/Pro are too much time and energy and are too hard to find sales for that are not attached to weapons already. 

I think it could be an addition of the values of the sheen and killstreaker? Or something like that ?

Anyway I think the page could be like first the whole killstreak section, divided in " (Price of the basic, links to spec and link to prof) where the sheens/killstreakers would have their own prices and you get an addition of that ( Choosing the sheen + killstreaker, just like backpacks selection mode ?). This is just "If".

Then what would be the base?

Then what would be the base?

Well it could be the basic killstreak ? I understand how hard this would be, and I guess only Basic would work, but still, try to thin kabout it ? :P

Better question is that who will be bothered to keep up to date 57 combinations per weapon for it to be effectively priced, it's much better to simply use scm for this, not to mention now annoying the proof would be to try and gather the specific combos...

the basic kill streak can be priced but I guess that's up to brad

Better question is that who will be bothered to keep up to date 57 combinations per weapon for it to be effectively priced, it's much better to simply use scm for this, not to mention now annoying the proof would be to try and gather the specific combos...

the basic kill streak can be priced but I guess that's up to brad

Yeah thats true. Maybe only basic could be already good

I for one am all for a couple people, including myself, banding together to keep track of this with Monthly/bimonthly updates. It'd be a bit of fun and give me something to do when the trading is slow. Start with a formula for finding prices, start with the basic kits, and eventually work our way up.

After that maybe we could let the users look at it in ref/keys and then they take control of pricing with normal suggestions.

I for one am all for a couple people, including myself, banding together to keep track of this with Monthly/bimonthly updates. It'd be a bit of fun and give me something to do when the trading is slow. Start with a formula for finding prices, start with the basic kits, and eventually work our way up.

After that maybe we could let the users look at it in ref/keys and then they take control of pricing with normal suggestions.

Good idea. If a resonable group of people handled it first it would be nice ;D

i know it's kinda hard to price killstreaked weapons like so many combination, but we can do it like we do to unusuals

Killstreaks have lots of combos also hard to find

Killstreaks have lots of combos also hard to find

i know, like Sheen + Killstreaker combination. but it's kinda stupid (no offense) if we can do it on unusuals.

We could price the killstreak KITS, like the thing u apply on the weapon, there are less combinations

Even then I'm for basic killstreaks. All sheens and sheen+streaker combinations is too much work. But pricing a basic killstreak kit and then applying the value along the lines of how applied strange parts are handled

• 3 weeks later...

Even then I'm for basic killstreaks. All sheens and sheen+streaker combinations is too much work. But pricing a basic killstreak kit and then applying the value along the lines of how applied strange parts are handled

Couldn't their be a system with pricing the Sheen/Killstreaker separatly and do a combo price ? It wouldn't be as much work then

This has been asked before, but the killstreak prices are just so variable and dependent upon the pairing that even if this were possible to code, which I'm sure it is, it would be less than worth the effort because they would have to actually be priced, and it depends on what the weapon is for the sheen, and whether the sheen is paired with something or not.

Although there are plenty of different sheens and such, the 3 basics are Killstreak, Specialized Killstreak, and Prof Killstreak.

I could write a chrome extension that shows the value based off the market (average last 50 buys, multiply by 85% to remove steam-tax). More advanced would be adding that to the total backpack value. Is it worth it? I didn't realized sheens had THAT much of a difference on the value.

I think that just giving a generalized price range for every specialized sheen for a particular weapon would be the best way to go about it. Same with pro killstreaks, just price the eye effect & not the sheen.

Archived