Manipulation!

Hugh Jazz

Report him to outpost for attempted price manipulation. People have been banned on outpost before for stupid crap like this. Use the chat and whatever else you have as proof.

Scum I say.

Why on earth r u so surprised?  I am pretty sure that it would not be the first time alt have been used to make it look like a trade occurred.  This guy just admitted to it.  I did it once to show how easy it is to do but I never used it as proof.  i posted it in comments of someones key suggestion and announced what it was at that moment.

First of all in my defense, if keys go down I lose value but I'm ok with that.  I did want to help the community,but that was just me being an absolute idiot .  I wholeheartedly apologize.   Will never EVER be done by me EVER again. However let me be clear, hugh was  buying at 5ref when price is minimum 5.33ref. The debate wasnt centered on reverting keys to 5ref.  His was considered a troll trade and at the moment i felt like trolling him as I seen him reselling for more.  My  "added" wasnt  part  of any of the debate  nor have i did it before.  I didnt bring that up during the vote either.  Like oh look i sell for 5ref.  I hid my offer almost instantly as he added me quickly.

Im currently banned on tf2op at this moment, it is hard for me  because I love trading but it is fair; being an idiot has its consequences.  Any derogatory name you have for me probably is accurate at this time.  Granted, personally I dont feel exclamation mark manipulation is quite fitting as a title.    Though it's a is a good cautionary tale about the perils of just looking at tf2op.  In the old days before bp.tf,  Id hit tf2items.com and try to figure out the real trade as I used to have my own friend shared unusual excel spreadsheet.    What I did was stupid, 0 doubt, but id like to remind people that there is capital M manipulation exclamation out there and alot of it comes from those who hunger for badges and those who make a living flipping keys. 

Tl;dr version:   I'm stupid for this, Im very sorry and overall it was one incident where the offer was hidden very quickly and not used.  I accept with great shame and anguish the tf2op ban.......... Hugh, if it means anything to you Ill give you a free key. 

First of all in my defense, if keys go down I lose value but I'm ok with that.  I did want to help the community,but that was just me being an absolute idiot .  I wholeheartedly apologize.   Will never EVER be done by me EVER again. However let me be clear, hugh was  buying at 5ref when price is minimum 5.33ref. The debate wasnt centered on reverting keys to 5ref.  His was considered a troll trade and at the moment i felt like trolling him as I seen him reselling for more.  My  "added" wasnt  part  of any of the debate  nor have i did it before.  I didnt bring that up during the vote either.  Like oh look i sell for 5ref.  I hid my offer almost instantly as he added me quickly.

Im currently banned on tf2op at this moment, it is hard for me  because I love trading but it is fair; being an idiot has its consequences.  Any derogatory name you have for me probably is accurate at this time.  Granted, personally I dont feel exclamation mark manipulation is quite fitting as a title.    Though itb  is a good cautionary tale about the perils of just looking at tf2op.  In the old days before bp.tf,  Id hit tf2items.com and try to figure out the real trade as I used to have my own friend shared unusual excel spreadsheet.    What I did was stupid, 0 doubt, but id like to remind people that there is capital M manipulation exclamation out there and alot of it comes from those who hunger for badges and those who make a living flipping keys. 

Tl;dr version:   I'm stupid for this, Im very sorry and overall it was one incident where the offer was hidden very quickly and not used.  I accept with great shame and anguish the tf2op ban..........  # a sad serving of dumbness

I'm glad you learnt from your mistake instead of being defiant.

Tl;dr version: I'm stupid for this, Im very sorry and overall it was one incident where the offer was hidden very quickly and not used. I accept with great shame and anguish the tf2op ban.......... Hugh, if it means anything to you Ill give you a free key.

Didn't see the last part, but I won't trouble you by taking your key. Thanks though.

We take price manipulation attempts very seriously. It doesn't matter if it was one or a thousand comments/trades. OP is not a place for faking offers/trades, and also not a place for making statements of any kind (political, economic, etc).

I added both sides and asked them very clear questions about this incident, Unfortunately one of the sides lied, and more than once. There really was nothing else left to be done than to have a ban issued. 

If any of you have evidence of other price manipulation attempts just report the respective comments/trades, or PM a staff member, and we will review them and take any necessary measures.

Archived