backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

So for me it works "fine" now. I've done nothing different than what's described. 

Without rooting my phone I easily got my identity_secret. Thanks to Xven.

Started the bot and typed identity_secret xxxmysecretxxx=

At first it didn't work. But it looks like the bot has quite some errors/bugs.It says the secret is saved. But for me it doesn't work. For anybody having problems i recommend just always putting in your secret again as soon as you've started the bot. 

!PS: eventho the bot says it still needs confirmation it acceptes it automatically! Don't get fooled by it. Try it out some times, ask a friend to send you test offers and check if it got accepted. If it doesn't work try to restart the bot again, put secret in, try again. Sometimes it just needs more trys.

It also gives HTTP error so me or stuff like that, but i didn't experience errors with that yet. It just shows an error, but still accepts trades for me.

For me it works fine like that, maybe also try that if it doesn't work for you. I also accept friend requests if someone has a question about "my strategy"

• Like 1

-snip-

It's supposed to say that it needs confirmation after accepting, and it confirms it on it's own after that if nothing goes wrong.

HTTP errors are pretty common right now, they are mainly 504/522 errors which happen then the main site goes offline and a heartbeat can't be sent, it will go back to normal once the site is back up. The same goes for most other errors as far as I know. There is one error, I think its error 403, that will cause trouble with confirming automatically, you just need to restart the automatic if it happens. 

It's supposed to say that it needs confirmation after accepting, and it confirms it on it's own after that if nothing goes wrong.

HTTP errors are pretty common right now, they are mainly 504/522 errors which happen then the main site goes offline and a heartbeat can't be sent, it will go back to normal once the site is back up. The same goes for most other errors as far as I know. There is one error, I think its error 403, that will cause trouble with confirming automatically, you just need to restart the automatic if it happens. 

Stupid question time. So is it normal to get a confirmation request on your phone even if it will auto accept? Should I just ignore the app?

Stupid question time. So is it normal to get a confirmation request on your phone even if it will auto accept? Should I just ignore the app?

You will see the steam trade come up on your phone and in steam on your computer. If the backpack automatic is working at the time then it will accept the trade automatically and also confirm it.

I've just submitted PR #20 to fix the issue where the steam confirmation checker doesn't start up when the bot does, I've been using this patch for the last week or so and it works reasonably well. I think restarting the bot once a day still isn't a bad plan given all the other issues.

From about 3 hours ago I get constant HTTP 521 error (cannot contact backpack.tf) which should mean that the server is down but I can access the website without problem. Tried restarting bot, different PC and even my brother's account, still no luck. Could someone please look on it?

From about 3 hours ago I get constant HTTP 521 error (cannot contact backpack.tf) which should mean that the server is down but I can access the website without problem. Tried restarting bot, different PC and even my brother's account, still no luck. Could someone please look on it?

Same here

19:26:56 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 521), trying again in 60 seconds
19:27:56 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 521), trying again in 60 seconds
19:28:57 - warn: Error occurred contacting backpack.tf (HTTP error 521), trying again in 60 seconds

And over and over...

Please fix guys :/

My shared secret seems to not be working in the bot after someone sends me a trade request it says awaiting confirmation. Any help?

Hello,

1st Make sure you are typing in your Identity Secret NOT Shared Secret.

2nd There has been an issue reported that you need to type the Identity Secret Into the console Using the "Identity_Secret sa6df4as65d4sad1sa34fds8a354d68as4=" (EXAMPLE) Command, every single time you restart the application.

Thank You.

Pull request #20. Identity_Secret Fix.

Identity_Secret issue facing a lot of users including mewhile secret must be reentered everytime. Here is a fix for it by John C. I have tested by myself and it is working, I can run automatic in vps server without worrying about trade confirmations.

Fix only at your own responsibility.

Pull request #20 by John C

Thanks John C for this fix.

Automatic was working for me for past so many days but it has been 5-6 hours it has stopped working. I was already using the identity_secret in automatic but it is not confirming offers anymore. I have tried entering the identity_secret again but it is not accepting offers.

Even though it says heartbeat sent to backpack.tf and everything but it is not confirming offers.

Automatic was working for me for past so many days but it has been 5-6 hours it has stopped working. I was already using the identity_secret in automatic but it is not confirming offers anymore. I have tried entering the identity_secret again but it is not accepting offers.

Even though it says heartbeat sent to backpack.tf and everything but it is not confirming offers.

issue is already known. Fix is listed above.

Are u talking about editing the steamclient.js & pasting the new text in that file. I have tried that as well. It is still not working for me. It was working absolutely fine for me for past 2 months but for past 4-5 hours it is not working. Even though I have entered the correct identity_secret.

Are u talking about editing the steamclient.js & pasting the new text in that file. I have tried that as well. It is still not working for me. It was working absolutely fine for me for past 2 months but for past 4-5 hours it is not working. Even though I have entered the correct identity_secret.

Probably your config file is f**ked up. I would suggest you download new clean config file from latest automatic, then reenter your sentry to new config, move old config from your current automatic, add new config with same sentry in current automatic and then start automatic, fill in everything, and try then. And yes, i fixed issue by entering placing that fix in steamclient.js. Most likely you will end up by reinstalling automatic, if my suggestion will not work.

I have tried the new fix and every single thing i can try to fix this issue. I have removed automatic completely and reinstalled it again. It is not working for me.

There is one strange thing that i noticed. When I enter identity_secret in automatic it saves that identity_secret in the config.json file. When I open the config file using notepad++ i can see there is a little change made in the identity_secret.

The change that i notice is that i entered a different identity_secret in automatic but it shows me a different identity_secret in automatic's config file. There is not a lot of difference but only a small one. There is an extra sign -> (\) on the seventh position from the end which is weird. I have edited the file and removed that extra \ but it still aint working.

What has happened to backpack.tf in the past few hours. It was working absolutely fine for past 2 months. I have no idea at all. I have started from scratch and tried to setup automatic the same way I set it up earlier but it won't work at all. I would appreciate any help I can get,

I have tried the new fix and every single thing i can try to fix this issue. I have removed automatic completely and reinstalled it again. It is not working for me.

There is one strange thing that i noticed. When I enter identity_secret in automatic it saves that identity_secret in the config.json file. When I open the config file using notepad++ i can see there is a little change made in the identity_secret.

The change that i notice is that i entered a different identity_secret in automatic but it shows me a different identity_secret in automatic's config file. There is not a lot of difference but only a small one. There is an extra sign -> (\) on the seventh position from the end which is weird. I have edited the file and removed that extra \ but it still aint working.

What has happened to backpack.tf in the past few hours. It was working absolutely fine for past 2 months. I have no idea at all. I have started from scratch and tried to setup automatic the same way I set it up earlier but it won't work at all. I would appreciate any help I can get,

probably entering incorrect identity_secret ? the last sign on identity_secret code must be "=" without this, identity_secret will not work.