Organise the pinned threads in general website discussions

♠Derpeh♤

There are currently 18 pinned threads in the website discussions. Many which can easily be shifted over, merged or organised.

Possible merges/changes (please just do all of them)

• Unusual update request + non-unusual update request thread > Price suggestion request thread
  • [hat + key + buds] guidelines/cool down > Suggestion rules and cooldowns thread. Make this one thread and that thread can link to the now unpinned cooldown rules so you can just update the existing cooldowns (see example below)
  • What a good inventory screenshot looks like > Remove this and just link it in the "how to make good a good suggestions dotpoint version"
  • Unpin all the guides > Make a thread called "Guides" and those can link to each guide rather than have all this can also be used to link to the many of the great guides which users have written and have been lost because it wasnt pinned.

Example of implementing the last dot point:

Thread name: "Guides" (pinned)

Guides by our moderators:

How To Make a Good Suggestion--Bullet Points Version here 

Unusual suggestions guide here

Guides written by our (Awesome) users:

How to use backpack.tf properly here

Guide to making good suggestions-- full version here

Good proof vs bad proof here

...etc

If the mods are too busy to look though the threads and organise it, feel free to message me I can look though and organise everything so all you need to do is copy/paste it... (So no excuses to not organise the forum which has been long overdue ;D)

OR

I would prefer a new subform where only mods can post/make/move threads in for the sole purpose of containing all guides/rules/cooldowns which mods have selected to be of sufficent quality but i don't see this happening any time soon which is why im suggesting the above.

Yeah, that and i kinda want more pinned threads.

Like what music u r listening to and best steam convos in general. I dont see why selfies shud deserve a pin of those dont.

Like what music u r listening to and best steam convos in general. I dont see why selfies shud deserve a pin of those dont.

I dont really mind pinned threads just when there are in excess and you have to scroll down the entire page to reach threads...

More pins for the other subforms might be a good idea, starting to see repeats in some of the more popular questions xD

• Administrators

This is needed and not to mention long overdue. I am willing to put hands on this if you or mods need help. Lots of pinned threads on that forum need to be merged and organized.  :ph34r:

Already suggested by me without a response.

I suggested adding a extra subforum for this type of stuff (to make rules/guide less obscure) ages back and was ignored too (and many similar suggestions were made in the early stages of the forum were ignored too D:)

Here it goes hoping they dont just ignore this as with the release of dota + dota guides...etc it needs to happen

Atm im offering to do all the work and all the mod has to do is make the thread, copy + paste seeing as many of the simplest yet good suggestions seem be ignored completely...

Mods are just too lazy to deal with it + this is a low priority. I'll try and clean them up this weekend if someone reminds me.

Mods are just too lazy to deal with it + this is a low priority. I'll try and clean them up this weekend if someone reminds me.

I realise mods are busy, if you need/want I'll be more than happy to organise and write up the threads, send it over for you to review and just copy+paste :DDDD

I kind of want to be the one who makes the "List of Community Created Guides" thread, but I don't know if anyone else wants to make it too.  :unsure:

I kind of want to be the one who makes the "List of Community Created Guides" thread, but I don't know if anyone else wants to make it too. :unsure:

Think someone made something similar a while back but it got lost since it wasn't pinned (and its probably really outdated by now)

Imo its probably better for threads like this to be created/managed by a mod (who have an authority) listing ones which they deem to be of sufficient quality (why I suggested the last point rather than just make one myself and message a mod to unpin the excess...etc).

I have a list of the more better ones on a notepad already just incase the mods are too busy to compile the list

• 3 months later...

Best steam convos was pinned before it got moved to the great below.

And it's pinned now

Archived