Untradable Director's Vision Taunt

Could we please get a listing for the untradable Director's Vision Taunt? They recently became giftwrappable, and there are pages of people on Outpost asking for buds+, because they're following the price of the one tradable one.

I thought that they were still unwrappable.

Nah, I saw a guy who had wrapped the achievement one and then claimed that it was tradeable because you can trade the gift.

I just looked at these on Outpost... They're worse than the Lugermorph incident.

It is driving me bonkers. I recently had 2 people add me trying to buy my unusuals with a gifted (free) taunt. Like, seriously?

+1 to this.

I suggested the same for the UHHHH ages ago nothing has been done tho :l

Well anyone dumb enough to pay buds for a item he hasnt done his own research on deserves to be scammed imo xD

+1 to this.

Well anyone dumb enough to pay buds for a item he hasnt done his own research on deserves to be scammed imo xD

That's what's likely to happen (with unusuals instead of earbuds)... Are we allowed to report them for sharking? ;)

I've spoken to several 'traders' who have posted these taunt trades, and most of them are new and blindly follow backpack.tf. I even had one guy try and prove to me it was tradable by wrapping his own taunt, and after explaining it again and getting him to understand, he tried to force me to buy it from him for a key because 'I wasted his wrap'. Most of these people are just ignorant to the difference between 'tradable' and 'untradable, but giftwrappable'.

I just looked at these on Outpost... They're worse than the Lugermorph incident.

like Vox (respectable trader) trying to sell his for like 50 buds, and when ppl called him out (me included) he would just hide it

That's what's likely to happen (with unusuals instead of earbuds)... Are we allowed to report them for sharking? ;)

Probably can depending on the trade xD

Quite a few people i saw getting "sharked" with the unusual lugger morph trick (use achievement items in KS kit, apply and then restore the lugger) who paid quite a bit i couldnt get mods to ban due to the fact that no manipulation occurred. Many trades just had people putting a b/o and it was sold, trader never attempted to manipulate and it was simply the buyer's fault for not doing the proper research and jumping the gun thinking it was an "expensive glitch item"

Probably can depending on the trade xD

Quite a few people i saw getting "sharked" with the unusual lugger morph trick (use achievement items in KS kit, apply and then restore the lugger) who paid quite a bit i couldnt get mods to ban due to the fact that no manipulation occurred. Many trades just had people putting a b/o and it was sold, trader never attempted to manipulate and it was simply the buyer's fault for not doing the proper research and jumping the gun thinking it was an "expensive glitch item"

The ones that did actually try to manipulate did actually get banned. http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/211982

• 2 weeks later...

There have been some shark sales but I found (it took a while) a legitimate sale. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21407447 http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2801945377,5043,6 Here's who it's gifted by. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198093820473 They're both offline now but the buyer seems to be the only person who's ever sought to actually buy one. If he did indeed pay 1.5 keys then that'd put it about half a key (will be a bit more precise if more information's found). It'd be a bit of a controversial suggestion though so, by any chance, does anyone happen to know the buyer or seller and is willing to ask for the exact amount used to purchase it?

Work-around: Find it in someone's backpack (mine has it if you don't), hold your mouse on it, go to "stats" and then suggest a new value for it.

Update: His Outpost ban now is a bit annoying. It doesn't seem to be regarding the taunt though and there are no other non-sharked sales.

+1 to this.

isnt the uhhhh 5 keys price?

Archived