double the number of allowed trades for everyone

naknak

I think Outpost's day of irrelevance is overdue.  Getting a lot more trades on the site would be a solid step toward making them unnecessary. 

If donations are an issue, doubling the base number while keeping the "one extra trade per dollar" formula would also be good.

• Administrators

Why don't they just bring back key donations? More people would donate if they did that

You're talking about Outpost? They said they would never go back to that, dunno why.

They were acquired by the ZAM network. So they want cash then an item bot where they have to resell stuff for cash. (I think that is why)

I wish everyone would switch to bazaar. Though bazaar is uglier, it has a nicer interface. Its more user friendly. Outpost has the biggest collection of dick mods around. Literally, the mods are in a permanent dick competition. They ban at a moment's notice, and for stupid things. Bazaar is truly the better website.

Joining the Outpost group gets you 10 trades instead of 5. If that's not enough for you, then good luck.

Why don't they just bring back key donations? More people would donate if they did that

It had something to do with legal issues.

I wish everyone would switch to bazaar. Though bazaar is uglier, it has a nicer interface. Its more user friendly. Outpost has the biggest collection of dick mods around. Literally, the mods are in a permanent dick competition. They ban at a moment's notice, and for stupid things. Bazaar is truly the better website.

Bazaar looks way better in my opinion, including the fact that you can customize how the bg looks and all.

Bazaar looks way better in my opinion, including the fact that you can customize how the bg looks and all.

Plus, at least with bazaar if you need to ever change a trade but don't want to make a new one due to bookmarks, wanting to show past offers for others to reference and such, you can just edit the whole trade and pratically keep that one infinity open. With outpost if you ever need to make a change, whether in what you are selling or what you are looking for, you have no choice but to make a new one and lose bookmarks and such; it's a real pain when having to do unusual or higher value trades.

I heard the reason tf2op quit the key donation thing was that it had something to do with income taxes and the key donations counting as revenue/income.

They should make premium a giftable thing, like you redeem it with a code. So then some people can buy premium for money and resell for keys and profit. Outpost will get more money, traders will profit, traders will get premium. Everyone wins.

I think it underscores my point.  Just the thought of Outpost outrages people to the point of forgetting the topic of discussion! 

The only reason anyone uses OP is because everyone uses it.   Everyone uses it because all the buyers are there, and all the buyers are there because all the items are there (even if it takes an hour to find the lowest price in 20 pages of results).

Backpack.tf has a distinct advantage in that more open trades doesn't make it worse.   When the search facility is good and results are sorted by price, who cares if there are 10 pages of results, or 100 or 1000?  

The community market, even with its insane fee structure, is thriving on the principle of "more trades = better marketplace."   Backpack.tf could too.

Done, here are the new limits:

Users start with 25

+25 for following twitter

+25 for being in steam group

+up to 50 for donating or 2x the above if premium (so you could have 200 if you are premium vs 150 max for donators)

This will come in handy soon =)

Users start with 25

+up to 50 for donating or 2x the above if premium (so you could have 200 if you are premium vs 150 max for donators)

gr8 m8

Kinda nice to spam classifieds with 200 items :3

• Administrators

Users start with 25

Thanks a lot Brad! ^_^

Archived