what happened to sourceop?

Iris★

People still use it but it isnt as requirement in a lot of trades like before, main reasons i think was just because it became unpopular (somewhat phased out) and a few of the mods being an ass certainly didnt help...

hmm I know a lot of popular traders got banned for whatever reasons, but I dont know anything about assshole-ish mods on sop. 

so... tell me again why rep on sop wasn't really a requirement like before? I've been out of the trading scene for like a year now so I dont know but it seems to me things like sop where you can readily see if someone's got rep would be the safest bet when dealing with large paypal transactions where someone can chargeback you and run off with your earbuds. I dont really buy what you're saying derpeh

hmm I know a lot of popular traders got banned for whatever reasons, but I dont know anything about assshole-ish mods on sop. 

so... tell me again why rep on sop wasn't really a requirement like before? I've been out of the trading scene for like a year now so I dont know but it seems to me things like sop where you can readily see if someone's got rep would be the safest bet when dealing with large paypal transactions where someone can chargeback you and run off with your earbuds. I dont really buy what you're saying derpeh

Butane was a dick to anyone and everyone. Try to help a new trader--get bitched out by Butane. But, it was okay because he did a lot of work for the site and he has a lot of experience with maintaing sites like it, therefore its okay. 

Butane and a few other mods decided they didn't want to deal with the trading or rep sections anymore so they closed everything down and removed them. Later on Skyrider and Drunken Fool came in and pretty much said Butane acted on his own accord and the rep threads will be put back up. At that point SOP just pissed a lot of people off since they didn't even attempt to transfer the rep, or leave it up as read only--they took it down in its entirety. 

So, SOP rep pretty much means jack shit now. 

So, SOP rep pretty much means jack shit now. 

If that would be the case, why are people a lot of people requesting for reputation to stay when the rep downtime started a few months ago? And why would people share their rep thread in multiple sites such as outpost? Besides, the only thing that is happening right now is a database check-up plus forum upgrade. Nothing exactly to 'worry' about. It'll be up soon again.

If that would be the case, why are people a lot of people requesting for reputation to stay when the rep downtime started a few months ago? And why would people share their rep thread in multiple sites such as outpost? Besides, the only thing that is happening right now is a database check-up plus forum upgrade. Nothing exactly to 'worry' about. It'll be up soon again.

SOP rep used to be pretty much the only source of meaningful rep. Now, no one cares if its SOP or MCT or TF2 Trader or Steamtrades or whatever. Its all equally valid. The reason why people are linking SOP rep threads is the same reason why I still am, I have (had) a decent amount of rep on SOP from the days when SOP was actually important, thus ignoring it would be stupid. People were requesting rep to come back up as a lot of people happened to have rep on that site, and its a hell of a lot easier to build up a new rep thread when you have a pre-existing one then it is to build a new one from nothing. 

Archived