Am I Just Lucky?

Python.

Recently I've been getting a lot of trades for my unusuals for pure

Mostly it's my Buyout or above my Buyout

It's probably just luck, but I'm wondering if anyone else has happened to them before.

(This is mainly me just bragging about the good deals I have gotten)

Bliz. Panama (backpack.tf listing):

http://i.imgur.com/nJlCowK.png?1

- Was asking 19 keys

Harvest Moon Grimm Hatte (backpack.tf listing):

http://i.imgur.com/biYx64d.png?1

- Paid buyout of 11 buds

GFetti Marauder (Trade Server):

http://i.imgur.com/ygpbYOw.png?1

- Paid mostly in pure

- Buyout of 1.7-2 in pure

Definitely for the grim. Usually I have to take shitty item overpay for low tiers but I sold a bubbling tyrant's for 33 keys pure yesterday and dropped the price ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now buy my searing front runner for 4, Lantern Fro for 1.5, Vivid Hetman for 1.3, and two Nuts Yellow belts for 22 keys each pls.

Yeah it would be nice if someone could hurry up and buy the one I'm selling already. I only want 4 Buds and it's valued at about 6 lol...

I think quite often luck can play a big part in whether you get your asking price or not. For instance I recently sold my PE Mountain Cap that I hadn't even placed a buyout on, for 3.5 buds pure.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/19061039

I'd been offering on a few other hats and then this guy comes along and offers me 3.5 buds pure with no fuss. I paid 3 buds pure for it about 1 month before the creation of the trade so it was straight up profit for me. A lot of the time I think it just comes down to right place, right time and if someone with pure is looking for an unusual within your price range.

like 2 months ago I sold ~3 unusuals for their pure b/os over the course of a week, then got an amazing 50% off quicksell

the market is completely about the right person clicking the right link at the right time, in tf2 trading 90% of it's luck to begin with, you just got a bunch of it

people who say there's no luck in tf2 trading are usually the people who have all the luck and assume trading is the same for everyone, selling is completely based on luck, only skill is buying (which isnt much tbh)

This year i sold my Green energy Regg for my 7 buds B/O, there were others on the market with lower b/os...

Also sold my Scorching Tyrolean for 12 buds pure my B/O

Same with Steaming Hetmens Headpiece and Nuts Tyro for My b/os, which i made 2-5 keys higher than i wanted.

Oh yea and ive been buying backpacks for crazy low prices 2 worth 1000 each paid 500 for 1, 400 for the other and 1 unusual wasnt even priced.

I consider myself lucky as well but its been happening a lot and ive sold like 50 buds to a total of 2 people, I use to be one of those people that just paid b/os because i wanted the hats, its been a pretty good year in general? with burning KE and all that and valve actually doing tf2 updates so often. Also youtube (google) recently paid people, birthdays (bday kids have been a lot of my cash sales).

I'll be waiting for my turn when it comes to my Miami boa.

If you were asking 25 buds when it was over 30, I sort of doubt you'll get that when it's now at <15

Also, interesting that you say that pyro, my b/o was paid on 3 unusuals this week. Definitely was not expecting that, since it's usually really slow.

I'll be waiting for my turn when it comes to my Miami boa.

is funny how no one here with luck has had a new effect :P

like 2 months ago I sold ~3 unusuals for their pure b/os over the course of a week, then got an amazing 50% off quicksell

the market is completely about the right person clicking the right link at the right time, in tf2 trading 90% of it's luck to begin with, you just got a bunch of it

people who say there's no luck in tf2 trading are usually the people who have all the luck and assume trading is the same for everyone, selling is completely based on luck, only skill is buying (which isnt much tbh)

Absolutely no skill is needed when using trade.tf live deals, it finds them for you.

Edit: best website ever

In the past month or so, I've sold a Dead Presidents Gentleman's Ushanka, Kill-A-Watt Industrial Festivizer, Power Surge Tam O' Shanter, Miami Nights Backbiter's Billycock, Terror-Watt Hermes, and a Nuts Bonk Boy for at or very close to my B/O in pure or otherwise easy to sell items. Of those, all of them but the Hermes and Bonk Boy sold extremely quickly (within a few days).

It's definitely possible to sell new effect unusuals for a good amount of pure. You just need the right unusual at the right time. It also helps if the unusual isn't very common on the market or, if it is, you can undercut some inflated B/Os to make yours look better.

Archived