Integrate TF2Finance Bud Price into bp.tf?

NecroTed

Honestly, USD values are screwed up on bp.tf bud-wise xD There's a mis-representation in backpack values and unusual values. To fix it, instead of having them at a fixed price of $37 or some hoobla joobla, integrate updated prices from TF2finance, as it seems to be the most reliable source for bud values atm.

I'm pretty sure this might have been discussed before, and not sure what complications might arise from this. So yeah  B)  plz do dis

The bud to USD conversion rate at TF2Finance appears not to have been updated since the end of last December, so this, as much as I would love for it to happen, doesn't appear to be a very viable suggestion as of current.

The bud to USD conversion rate at TF2Finance appears not to have been updated since the end of last December, so this, as much as I would love for it to happen, doesn't appear to be a very viable suggestion as of current.

But is still used in suggestions >.>

EDIT: If they're "inaccurate", then why do mods approve of its use? It's at least a much better alternative than a random value that isn't relevant any more. Also, it probably hasn't been updated lately due to a lack of change in the market.

Its been discussed and rejected the same as having bud/key prices updated straight from tf2finance. 

Reasons being? ^^

Its been discussed and rejected the same as having bud/key prices updated straight from tf2finance. 

I think you're talking about the pure (key/ref) side. Necro is talking about the money side.

Unless you are talking about the money side, in which case what is the problem?

Eh, if mods still disagree with this implementation, then just allow buds' $ values to be suggested for similarly to refined :3

The price of all the USD values on the site definitely should not be pegged to refined. We might as well not have USD values at all.

I support this

how about this website uses the actual trade prices for currencies? seems fairly simple. don't give me bullshit about needing 1000 pages of proof; enough people trade to know that there is something fucky going on with prices.

didn't i see somewhere before a mod saying refined/keys are intentionally inflated by the site to encourage spending? who decides this inflation?

how about this website uses the actual trade prices for currencies? seems fairly simple. don't give me bullshit about needing 1000 pages of proof; enough people trade to know that there is something fucky going on with prices.

didn't i see somewhere before a mod saying refined/keys are intentionally inflated by the site to encourage spending? who decides this inflation?

I believe the quote you're thinking of was in reference to the card bots (not the value posted on the site). Realistically the cash value of stuff shouldn't be based off of refined cash value at all since very few people actually buy/sell refined for cash compared to the keys or buds for cash market. 

how about this website uses the actual trade prices for currencies? seems fairly simple.

It does. The issue is that not all currencies are perfectly lined up. The dollar value of ref, keys, and buds aren't equal. So, realistically, refined should have the ref cash value, keys should have the key cash value, and buds should have the his cash value. But that could be difficult to do since buds are also prices in ref/keys. Furthermore, what would regular items be priced in? Or unusuals?

Archived