Trading: CSGO or TF2? Now or Never?

funkle

How's it going?

So I haven't been trading seriously for probably close to a year or so now. I lost faith in the TF2 economy and didnt have the motivation to start CSGO trading or anything since I was making a lot of out-of-gaming changes in my life. But these days I think I'll have time for at least a few months to jump into trading again. Not that I plan to make stacks on stacks or anything, but at the end of the day I want it to be a hobby that I can at least make a few dozen dollars on or whatever. I wouldn't mind throwing some of my own cash at either kind of trading right now, but I'm mostly looking for opinions right now. The only kind of trading I've really done is SCM with Trading Cards and Rocket League stuff for a while. But Market trading is too slow and low profit for the regulations they have on it, and Rocket League still has a ways to go before being a viable trading platform. 

So... My question:

Which economy would be best to start trading in these days? Which economy has the best turnover ratio for items and which one has a better profit ratio? I don't really play much of either TF2 or CSGO, so all items I get would most likely be tradable. 

Which economy is safer on a cash basis? I've got plenty of rep and all, but I know there are times were chargebacks happen and I want to minimize that risk.

If I think of anything else I'll add it in and all. Otherwise, let's hear it, boys and girls. Give me your best opinions, I won't judge. I might ask questions tho.

How's it going?

So I haven't been trading seriously for probably close to a year or so now. I lost faith in the TF2 economy and didnt have the motivation to start CSGO trading or anything since I was making a lot of out-of-gaming changes in my life. But these days I think I'll have time for at least a few months to jump into trading again. Not that I plan to make stacks on stacks or anything, but at the end of the day I want it to be a hobby that I can at least make a few dozen dollars on or whatever. I wouldn't mind throwing some of my own cash at either kind of trading right now, but I'm mostly looking for opinions right now. The only kind of trading I've really done is SCM with Trading Cards and Rocket League stuff for a while. But Market trading is too slow and low profit for the regulations they have on it, and Rocket League still has a ways to go before being a viable trading platform. 

So... My question:

Which economy would be best to start trading in these days? Which economy has the best turnover ratio for items and which one has a better profit ratio? I don't really play much of either TF2 or CSGO, so all items I get would most likely be tradable. 

Which economy is safer on a cash basis? I've got plenty of rep and all, but I know there are times were chargebacks happen and I want to minimize that risk.

If I think of anything else I'll add it in and all. Otherwise, let's hear it, boys and girls. Give me your best opinions, I won't judge. I might ask questions tho.

I personally have done semi hardcore trading in both. I feel that tf2 is much easier to profit in, considering i went from $5 to 200-400 dollars in a few months, wheras I never came close to that in CSGO. CSGO trading is terrible imo, because it is all based off of SCM prices

Get a minimum wage job and make more money than you will trading

Thanks for the generic reply but like I said in my original post, I only want it to be a hobby I could make a few dozen dollars off of. I work a job, like any other person should (especially since I said I was willing to throw money into trading).This is hardly going to be an alternate source of income if anything else besides something to keep me busy. But yeah, thanks again but that doesn't answer any of my questions. 

Get a minimum wage job and make more money than you will trading

wait really!??!?!?!?

looks like I'm gonna have some bad news for my parents about my career choice

Probably do both. You can sell unusuals for knives, and use the knives as pure to get an overpay on good unusuals. CSGO skins are pretty prioritized since a lot of people are switching to CSGO, and would love to overpay on your knife.

Probably do both. You can sell unusuals for knives, and use the knives as pure to get an overpay on good unusuals. CSGO skins are pretty prioritized since a lot of people are switching to CSGO, and would love to overpay on your knife.

That's what I was thinking, I just figured doing one to the other would start to complicate things. Though I wouldn't be opposed to it, ya know. I'd just have to learn CSGO trading and such as I go.