If you had to remove a class, who would it be?

CheddarZX

If you had to remove a class, who would it be?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to remove a class, who would it be?

Agreed that Sniper is a class that is annoying af to fight against when they have a good one. Everything is under lockdown, especially if they have the DDS and a german buttplug.

Also lol @ people saying soldier is overpowered

That's kinda hypocritical, seeing as you're a soldier main (My time with him comes mostly from idling). Always gotta show bias for your main and make it feel like you're "on the same playing field". Play Scout and show the results against good Soldiers.

Agreed that Sniper is a class that is annoying af to fight against when they have a good one. Everything is under lockdown, especially if they have the DDS and a german buttplug.

That's kinda hypocritical, seeing as you're a soldier main (My time with him comes mostly from idling). Always gotta show bias for your main and make it feel like you're "on the same playing field". Play Scout and show the results against good Soldiers.

But I'm a bad scout. Good scouts destroy soldiers though, but scout is harder to be good at than soldier. At the top levels scouts truly shit on everybody, except maybe engi

• Like 3

But I'm a bad scout. Good scouts destroy soldiers though, but scout is harder to be good at than soldier. At the top levels scouts truly shit on everybody, except maybe engi

Should've thought about that before calling me out like that then. Also, the same can be said about all classes though. For example, a good sniper can stuff just about any approach. Anyways, I was under the assumption this was about pubs, due to soldiers (and scouts, if Engis aren't in the picture) dominating absolutely everything and most likely will always have a pocket.on them. While you look down on people who say "soldier is op", you have to admit he is pretty strong. Barring the medic and sniper, Soldier does everything every other class does but better and has no problem in disturbing team comp (People complain about too many snipers/spies/scouts, but NEVER the same about soldiers). if having the 2nd highest health, high dps (rivaling heavy, due to him being nerfed loads of times. Only advantages are not having to reload and higher hp), and THE best mobility in the game isn't a strong class, then I'm out of some loop. I'm admittedly terrible at the game and can take out soldiers as scout, but if I can just go soldier and get a 10 ks without a sweat, proceed to pubstomp 9/10 times, and not know any of the advanced stuff like pogos, you know something's up.... and it's not always the other team.

Barring the medic and sniper, Soldier does everything every other class does but better

I'd argue against that.

Scouts might not have the mobility that rocket jumps can give, but they do not have to sacrifice health or a secondary in order to have the second or third best movement in the game.

Pyros can hard counter spies and support their team via reflects, extinguishes and sapper removals. Afterburn can also force a player to retreat to a medic, dispenser, health kit or respawn locker. All these things are impossible for a soldier.

Demos are absolutely devastating in chokepoints, and have excellent crowd control. They can also destroy sentries just as easily as a soldier, and sometimes they don't even have to peek around a corner thanks to rollers or "mortar" stickies.

Heavies can shut down jumpers easily, take a lot of damage for their team and work really well as pockets, thanks to rapidly recharging lunchbox items.

Engineers aren't much on their own, but their sentries excel at area denial, teleporters are an invaluable asset both in offense and defense, and dispensers are esssentially a combined ammo and health pack.

Spies cannot really be compared to soldiers, since they are two completely different classes: spies rely on stealth and deception to pick key targets behind enemy lines, such as sentries and medics, while soldiers use firepower and quick movement to dish out damage against frontline fighters, like scouts, other soldiers, demomen, heavies or pyros. They can get picks on important targets, but they don't do so by sneaking and ambushing like spies.

-Comparisons-

Rollouts usually result in not losing much health at all, due to there always being a health pack at mid and/or med support.

Soldier can do that too with his splash radius and high damage output (coupled with crits). Pyro can reflect, sure, but how many pub pyros have you seen extinguish or carry the homewrecker? If anything, being on fire is food for a med's uber.

Demo rivals the utility of a solider in those regards, but require more skill due to arm time on stickies and arcing on 'nades.

While heavy can take down jumpers, he still kinda struggles a bit due to the nerfs upon nerfs given to him since gun mettle. Soldier has the 2nd highest hp in game, which is rivaled only by heavy, a class that a lot of people admit to not playing a lot due to it being "boring". That's a bit besides the point, but soldiers also have a shotgun/reserve shooter to shut down jumpers and can self damage themselves for faster uber building.

Teleporters and dispensers are invaluable, but if a sentry is not present (which is pretty likely, due to not many engis knowing proper positioning), even a stray bonk scout can shut the whole thing down. Sure, a wrangler could shut things down, but more likely than not, corners are a thing to most likely destroy the engi then his buildings.

Spy is a class littered with bugs and has arguably the highest skill ceiling. From decent players who can hear the cloak sound and turn around every 3 seconds to Volvo's wack melee hit detection, there's a lot to put up with to be viable, rather than cannon fodder. There's a reason stacking spy is a dreadful idea.

Should've thought about that before calling me out like that then. Also, the same can be said about all classes though. For example, a good sniper can stuff just about any approach. Anyways, I was under the assumption this was about pubs, due to soldiers (and scouts, if Engis aren't in the picture) dominating absolutely everything and most likely will always have a pocket.on them. While you look down on people who say "soldier is op", you have to admit he is pretty strong. Barring the medic and sniper, Soldier does everything every other class does but better and has no problem in disturbing team comp (People complain about too many snipers/spies/scouts, but NEVER the same about soldiers). if having the 2nd highest health, high dps (rivaling heavy, due to him being nerfed loads of times. Only advantages are not having to reload and higher hp), and THE best mobility in the game isn't a strong class, then I'm out of some loop. I'm admittedly terrible at the game and can take out soldiers as scout, but if I can just go soldier and get a 10 ks without a sweat, proceed to pubstomp 9/10 times, and not know any of the advanced stuff like pogos, you know something's up.... and it's not always the other team.

didn't try to call you out, sorry if it seemed that way. Just said that soldier is far from the strongest class in the game.

also, demos are a lot better at defense and area denial, and also are more mobile than soldier with the same % of heals. Stickyjumping is also easier than rocket jumping. And a massive advantage of heavy vs. soldier is that heavy is hitscan, soldier is projectile. you can dodge a rocket, you can't dodge a bullet. You can also surf away rockets to safety, surfing bullets is insanely hard. Soldier is very, very good against people that do not know how to dodge, which is why he is so strong in pubs. Oh and a crit spam rocket does 135 damage and a crit spam scattergun shot does 18. Big difference. Same is true about demo by the way. Revert sticky nerf pls.

I'm not saying soldier is a bad class, but scout is just better at like 95% of the things. Scouts can't spam and move a tiny bit slower than a soldier. But soldiers that move like that are either on gunboats, leaving them with no hitscan (so bad against pyro and people that can dodge/surf) or they need to pick up a lot of health packs or clog all the heals, leaving other classes with less heals. Demo also requires a lot of healing (gunboats demo pls), but scouts just run all over the place taking 0 damage.

In pubs, against bad players soldier is easier because anybody can hit a splash rocket but hitting meatshots and avoiding damage takes a lot of practice. And scout relies a lot on movement because if you just walk up into somebody's face you'll die. So like I said before, soldier is easier, scout is better.

Such utter bullshit. Anyone who is a solly main loves to say it's the most balanced class. Put yourself in the position of a few of the classes- Scout, Sniper, Medic, anything really with 125-150 health and you'll see how BALANCED it is. One decent shot and one of these classes is left with 40-50 health. Not to mention 40% of the time i'm killed by some random crocket with it's disgustingly high splash range. Becomes pretty damn annoying pretty damn quickly. Play a whole day as scout, nothing else, and you'll see how balanced soldier is. 

I've mained pyro, medic, and demo before. I am not biased towards a class. 

I am gonna have to disagree with the decision that Pyro is useless (lol incoming shit)

Pyro in my opinion is an extremely versatile class. With a few subtle loadout changes it can go from a very strong offense to a very strong defense. The pyro is the only class that can truly counter soldiers, demos, huntsman snipers, crossbow medics, and cloaked spies. Depending on the skill of the pyro, however, it could also be very weak against better soldiers etc. The pyro is a true ultimatum, with no real traits it excels at. Snipers pick off pyros like cherries, any soldier or demo that knows how to get around the airblasting can easily take one out, and a spy that knows how to adapt properly can get around a pyro's flame thrower and get that backstab.

It's just a decent all-rounder. If I had to say anything, I'd say the pyro does best on defense. Some say flanking is its strong suit but I disagree, any class can easily outmaneuver a pyro in a flanking situation, save for a couple. It's all situation based, and skill based.

Imho I'd have to say that the pyro needs a buff in some areas. Pyro is severely lacking in weapons that can add to its offense or defense. The only weapon the pyro owns that I feel really changes the way you play him is the Powerjack, with the given speed boost and health reduction.

Anyway there's my two cents, coming from a pyro main. Waiting for a decent pyro update so we can actually get some good game-changing weapons.

I am gonna have to disagree with the decision that Pyro is useless (lol incoming shit)

Pyro in my opinion is an extremely versatile class. With a few subtle loadout changes it can go from a very strong offense to a very strong defense. The pyro is the only class that can truly counter soldiers, demos, huntsman snipers, crossbow medics, and cloaked spies. Depending on the skill of the pyro, however, it could also be very weak against better soldiers etc. The pyro is a true ultimatum, with no real traits it excels at.

Haha what, no. Scouts counter both Soldiers and Demos, everyone who's not a moron counters Huntsman snipers, Pyro's reflect ability on the Crossbow is negligible at best. I guess Pyro counters Spy, but if a Spy gets caught out he's probably dead anyway. 

Snipers pick off pyros like cherries, any soldier or demo that knows how to get around the airblasting can easily take one out, and a spy that knows how to

adapt properly can get around a pyro's flame thrower and get that backstab.

You just explained why Pyro is the least useful class. It just gets shit on by everyone, even it's "counters."