Should Backpack has its own trade servers?

Apeiron

I think you're missing the point that this is a community of people who know each other and would want to hang out on a server together. Trading is basically secondary.

If it isn't a Trade only server I am interested aswell ^^

Where would such a server be located? US presumably?

Yeah, it's not about the trading, but about playing/being together in one place.

Backpack.tf should have its own trade server.

Looks the idea gaining power.

I just said it for trade or maybe idle because like Jess said, We don't want to use resources for unnecessarily.

Instead of multiple It might be better to open 1 server unofficially and see what happens.

But of course It's up to owners.

Also I think It would be good to set the map by survey.

This map looks different and good to me. But Yes, It's 3 years old.

Also I found a server with stardust map: 5.9.25.6:27031

I think you're missing the point that this is a community of people who know each other and would want to hang out on a server together. Trading is basically secondary.

We have enough unusual servers, anyone who has tried to open a "4th" never seems to kick off because there isn't enough active unusual traders in game compared to backpack.tf or tf2outpost.

Yeah, Teeny is right. Trading would be a disaster in a room full of profit-traders from the bp.tf forums. It would be a hangout... But we have had "hang-outs" before and they have never carried enough momentum before to be sustained. Even the IRC chat was active for a short while and quickly died. When I first started, Brad asked the mods to pop in whenever possible to help moderate / answer questions but it was always empty. We've had multiple people bring up the server idea in the past, and I'm just concerned the same thing will happen. Granted there's a different group in the forums now than there used to be...

Didn't trade servers pretty much die in like 2011? When tf2tp and later bazaar/outpost became a big thing. And we used to have a list of affiliated servers but they all died pretty much because valve killed community servers

Well, not quite that long ago. Trade servers were still the primary place for selling unusuals (even ahead of outpost) when I first joined the scene in 2013. They started slowing down in 2014 and it was really only beginning of 2015 when they fell out of favor.

Didn't trade servers pretty much die in like 2011? When tf2tp and later bazaar/outpost became a big thing. And we used to have a list of affiliated servers but they all died pretty much because valve killed community servers

No. Trade servers were huge huge huge even in 2013. After 2013 they kind of died off. UTC, MCT, TF2T, PPM, RAWR they were all big servers

I love this idea. I don't trade as much as before anymore and I only play this game to enjoy myself. This will definitely be more fun for the current members of backpack.tf. ^^

Probably fun gamemodes (Saxton, deathrun) would be a better option rather than plain maps as you could use valve matchmaking to search for matches. (Although not saying should completely ignore plain maps totally :P)

I love this idea. I don't trade as much as before anymore and I only play this game to enjoy myself. This will definitely be more fun for the current members of backpack.tf. ^^

Probably fun gamemodes (Saxton, deathrun) would be a better option rather than plain maps as you could use valve matchmaking to search for matches. (Although not saying should completely ignore plain maps totally :P)

I like those ideas for gamemodes. Maybe we could also make competitive teams for fun in the summer and have tournaments? Maybe like 6s or 9v9s Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like those ideas for gamemodes. Maybe we could also make competitive teams for fun in the summer and have tournaments? Maybe like 6s or 9v9s Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aww yeah, mods vs non mods would be awesome. We all know non-mods would win though.

• 2 weeks later...

​We need definitely a new unusual trade server. Vatican & FP admins are so salty.

We don't need a new trade server full of profit hungry traders. This is a suggestion to make a server for forumers and active people on the site. More of a hangout spot.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Teeny is right. Trading would be a disaster in a room full of profit-traders from the bp.tf forums. It would be a hangout... But we have had "hang-outs" before and they have never carried enough momentum before to be sustained. Even the IRC chat was active for a short while and quickly died. When I first started, Brad asked the mods to pop in whenever possible to help moderate / answer questions but it was always empty. We've had multiple people bring up the server idea in the past, and I'm just concerned the same thing will happen. Granted there's a different group in the forums now than there used to be...

Well, not quite that long ago. Trade servers were still the primary place for selling unusuals (even ahead of outpost) when I first joined the scene in 2013. They started slowing down in 2014 and it was really only beginning of 2015 when they fell out of favor.

What if the server was advertised on the main site, if possible?

P.S. now that private servers are a thing on OW could there be a bp.tf private OW server (Think you can make them for free.)

What if the server was advertised on the main site, if possible?

I think that we'll have a very successful server if it's getting advertised on the main site, since backpack.tf is a popular site.

I think a server(s) would be a good idea. I would recommend a more chill and relaxed server, not so mainly focused on trading as that can come naturally in servers, however there would have to be mods etc. that would take care of the server side of things as well as the staff already helping run bp.tf