• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Woifi

Woifi

♫ Wonderful Life ♫

• Moderators
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

I've been going through many trades asking RIDICULOUS prices for their killstreak items. People are asking in buds and Max's heads. Without a clear-cut price set upon these items it's hard to get hold of them unless you're a TF2 high-roller. So how much do you guys think they're worth and will be worth? Will the price increase or decrease with time? And will the kit the weapon is for drastically change the price? If so which one(s) will be the most expensive?

prof Killstreak rocket launcher 1 bud+++
prof Killstreak short circuit 6 keys? (it costs like 6 keys to make it)

General Tip: Don't complete crap weapon professional fabricators. It's not worth it, at all.

Sold a specialized knife fabricator for 3 keys today, have a professional loose cannon for sale for 10 keys and can't get a bite on it for some reason. Popular Primary wep for demo but no interest for some reason.

Loose Cannon is not as popular as you think.

So how much do killstreak kits add to the value of a weapon? That's really the only question my copious amounts of research hasn't answered :/

Which kits, normal, specialized or professional?

PS: Moved, merged and deleted some posts. How to keep a clean forum. lol

92EpJ.jpg

No need to run and hide 
It's a wonderful, wonderful life 
No need to laugh and cry 

#22 ❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

So how much do killstreak kits add to the value of a weapon? That's really the only question my copious amounts of research hasn't answered :/

depends the weapon.

a pro scattergun can go for a lot lot buds

76561198002055092.png

#23 F CHARLIE

F CHARLIE

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Fyi, I didn't know this but all killstreak weapons contribute to your score. 2 kills on one and 1 on another with 2 with your pro weapon will still produce the effect of the pro weapon. Some may have known that, some not.

Also, I noticed that if you search "professional wrench" on the steam market it will produce all wrench types. Does this mean that the wrench kit could be applied to any wrench?

#realpeasantselfie

#24 cranwell96

cranwell96

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 331 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Also, I noticed that if you search "professional wrench" on the steam market it will produce all wrench types. Does this mean that the wrench kit could be applied to any wrench?

c6zKghV.png

All weapons and hats are a "level __ _______", that's why a wrench search shows all engineer melee weapons.

#25 <TWM> Pahaxion

<TWM> Pahaxion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hey everyone! Just here to ask a few questions.

1) Primary weapons are the most expensive kits. I know that. But are certain Primary weapon kits worth more than others (for example, Prof. Rocket launcher kits are going for over $90, while the prof. syringe gun kit I've seen go for only $10. Or the Sharp dresser for spy going for $30, while the spy-cicle is only going for $15)? I am also assuming that some kits are rarer than others.

2) Are certain colors for the sheen better than others (similar to unusual tiers, or how does a wespon's regular color affect the sheen's value)? How about the eye effects? ^^Are they the same? If not, is it possible that you could make a hypothetical tier list with what the community sees as the top/bottom sheens & effects?

3) Eventually, a price WILL be determined for at least some of the 49 possible combinations for all the weapons with kits. But for now, is there a way to tell what prices are fair, and which are rip offs? (sort of similar to the questions of which sheen/effect is better)

Thanks! :)

(Also, thinking about getting one soon...)

Also, could you perhaps give me an estimate on the price of these:

• Unarmed Combat with Team Shine sheen and Tornado effect
  • Crusader's Crossbow with Deadly Daffodil Sheen and Singularity effect

#26 Woifi

Woifi

♫ Wonderful Life ♫

• Moderators
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

Hey everyone! Just here to ask a few questions.

1) Primary weapons are the most expensive kits. I know that. But are certain Primary weapon kits worth more than others (for example, Prof. Rocket launcher kits are going for over $90, while the prof. syringe gun kit I've seen go for only $10. Or the Sharp dresser for spy going for $30, while the spy-cicle is only going for $15)? I am also assuming that some kits are rarer than others.

Well, the primary weapon for the medic is basically the medi-gun and not the sysinge gun. I just meant the weapons where you can easily kills with.

92EpJ.jpg

No need to run and hide 
No need to laugh and cry 

#27 CrimsonWarlord

CrimsonWarlord

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 460 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

Well, the primary weapon for the medic is basically the medi-gun and not the sysinge gun. I just meant the weapons where you can easily kills with.

Not to mention soldier is a very popular class, as well as scout, and these heavily rely on primaries for most of their kills
Cosaisbestspyhat

#28 SirMillbot

SirMillbot

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

Next to the gold pan and Australian weps, probably got the best pro fab drop this week (stock sniper rifle). Ok, rocket launcher due to popularity may be close. Had a great effect (fire horns) and sheen (villainous violet). Sold it for a bud and 6 keys within an hour of posting.

#29 orangemars2000

orangemars2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTeh TARDIS

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

I got a manndarin specialized killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

yv7e1gg.jpg

#30 F CHARLIE

F CHARLIE

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

I got a manndarin profesional killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

you said pro kit? whats the effect? first go see what pro knives are doing on the steam market

Next to the gold pan and Australian weps, probably got the best pro fab drop this week (stock sniper rifle). Ok, rocket launcher due to popularity may be close. Had a great effect (fire horns) and sheen (villainous violet). Sold it for a bud and 6 keys within an hour of posting.

Prob minigun kit or scatter actually

#realpeasantselfie

#31 orangemars2000

orangemars2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationTeh TARDIS

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

you said pro kit?  whats the effect?  first go see what pro knives are doing on the steam market

Uggh sorry specialized xD I get soooo fucking confused sometimes about these goddamn kits.

yv7e1gg.jpg

#32 F CHARLIE

F CHARLIE

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Uggh sorry specialized xD I get soooo fucking confused sometimes about these goddamn kits.

Go see what pro knives are doing on market. Divide that by $2.30 and that's how many keys its worth.

#realpeasantselfie

#33 <TWM> Pahaxion

<TWM> Pahaxion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

could you perhaps give me an estimate on the price of these:
  • Unarmed Combat with Team Shine sheen and Tornado effect
  • Crusader's Crossbow with Deadly Daffodil Sheen and Singularity effect

Thanks...

#34 Blatch

Blatch

R.I.P. in Patchouli

• Donators
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Completed my second tour, and got a Third Degree Kit + Splendid Screen Fabricator (w/ Manndarin). Not very good, though it seems like Splendid Screen kits have been popular on the market lately, so I might as well make mine. :P

Once your dreams have gotten rusty, that's all she wrote. Polish them all you want, but that ship has sailed. Just trade those crappy old dreams for a set of new ones. The point is, you gotta find your own purpose in life, baby!

tumblr_nbv44p1icA1rri4zyo1_500.gif

Unusual Magnificent Mongolian price suggestions accepted14 (Darkblaze done twice, Harvest Moon got me Green Belt  :D| Newly priced Mongolians: 5

#35 MasterMinedHaxer

MasterMinedHaxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Wolfi, if you don't want this here, please delete it. The other thread doesn't get anymore traffic, and people seem to be asking questions about the effects, so I will post this.

I've been looking around google for a while to see what kind of killstreak effects people like, and so far, I have not seen anything that would tell me which effects are good and which effects are bad. So I decided to do something for myself, and have people tell me what they think.

Here's how I would rank the effects: (top=best, bottom= worst)

1. Tornado - I find tornado the most different from the current unusual effects, and for some reason, kind of mesmerizing. I can't find many pictures for this effect unfortunately, but from this picture, it looks pretty good. http://cloud-2.steam...7077546A031B18/

looks like the unusual flame effect: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ebLdrALzMsE

2. Fire Horns - This effect is clearly visible, it's basic, and it looks nice over all. http://cloud-2.steam...35398163414951/

3. Singularity - It's a nice effect that looks good when on a 5 killstreak, although it's not very visible to people. It looks very good at 10 kills.

10 kill streak: http://cloud-3.steam...A10CE19C6442D8/

5 kill streak: http://cloud-3.steam...5CF1C40C0811EE/

4. Flames - It's a good effect, but unfortunately, not very visible on any streak. 5 killstreak effect is disappointing.

5 kill streak: http://puu.sh/5v5OT.jpg

10 kill streak: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_di9q2wQhr4

5. Cerebral discharge - This effect is a bit weird. It's different for every picture that I have seen. In some cases, it looks decent, and for others, it looks very bad. On top of that, I do not believe that it matches up well with any hat.

Bad killstreaker: http://cloud-2.steam...1172924C1F37DD/

Nice killstreaker: http://cloud-4.steam...4B2A63203680A8/

6. Incinerator - Half of it is smoke. Not many people like smoky effects.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=197672814

7. Hypno-beam - It looks weird, and it is disliked by many people from what I saw when I was looking around the internet.

http://i.imgur.com/ACI3xBL.jpg

This is just how I would rank it, I haven't seen anybody else do this, so I'm just starting it. Please feel free to rank these yourselves below :)

If you agree, please like it so I know. If you do not, please post what you guys think.

• eggbot likes this

#36 Woifi

Woifi

♫ Wonderful Life ♫

• Moderators
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

I got a manndarin specialized killstreak kit on my strange festive knife w/ demo, heavies and medics killed. Alone its worth 1.1 buds....but approx. how much w/ sheen? I was thinking maybe 1.4 buds b/c spy is almost exclisvely reliant on his knife (unless you're going sniper spy w/ amby :P) but idk.

The kit is 3 keys so don't expect much. ;)

Thanks...

Well professional kits take like 7 keys to make them, so I would say 7-8 for the unarmed combat and maybe 8 for the crossbow? Why didn't you use it on a strange crossbow...

Completed my second tour, and got a Third Degree Kit + Splendid Screen Fabricator (w/ Manndarin). Not very good, though it seems like Splendid Screen kits have been popular on the market lately, so I might as well make mine. :P

Because splendid screen should be always visible technically.

92EpJ.jpg

No need to run and hide 
No need to laugh and cry 

#37 <TWM> Pahaxion

<TWM> Pahaxion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

The kit is 3 keys so don't expect much. ;)

Well professional kits take like 7 keys to make them, so I would say 7-8 for the unarmed combat and maybe 8 for the crossbow? Why didn't you use it on a strange crossbow...

Because splendid screen should be always visible technically.

Thanks for the help! Thinking about selling the Prof. Unarmed Combat for:

• Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner

Killstreaker: Cerebral Discharge
Sheen: Mean Green

Think that's a good deal?

#38 Woifi

Woifi

♫ Wonderful Life ♫

• Moderators
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for the help! Thinking about selling the Prof. Unarmed Combat for:

• Strange Professional Killstreak Backburner

Killstreaker: Cerebral Discharge
Sheen: Mean Green

Think that's a good deal?

Backburner > Unarmed combat for sure. So I would say yes.

92EpJ.jpg

No need to run and hide 
No need to laugh and cry 

#39 F CHARLIE

F CHARLIE

Advanced Member

• Donators
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

My effect rank:
1. Singularity
2. Fire horns
3. Cerebral discharge
4. Ties:
Tornado
Flames
Incinerator
5. Hypnobeams

I don't think you can rank sheen as well because like paint it may depend on the weapon. Team sheen is universally good tho. I have the yellow sheen (manderin?)on my Huo Long Heater and looks very good with that weapon's color scheme.

Has anyone have any information of either of these effect sales?

Edit: Is anyone else thinking of buying pro fabs for weapons that havnt been released in strange version yet?

#realpeasantselfie

#40 MasterMinedHaxer

MasterMinedHaxer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Not gonna lie, the Tornado effect isn't that great unless it's manndarin. Who wouldn't want the burning effect for a killstreaker?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users