I think I got scammed

PanderFish

Hi Guys,

First post.  It's a little too late to do anything now, but I made this trade several months back when I first started.

So I unboxed a Hot Blue Mew Scattergun (Field Tested) in December.  I was sitting in a trade server, and someone added me to trade for my Scattergun.  He said it was worth 40 keys.

Long story short, I traded for a pair of Graybans - Australium paint + gangreen effect, which he claimed was worth 45 keys.

His profile is now private with a crap ton of name changes.  Did I get scammed?  I just want to know.

Thanks,

PanderFish

Sounds like you may have been sharked, but there's no chance of a successful report on them without screenshots of chat logs. The spell is currently priced at 45 keys(10 months old) on the main site but spells that are already applied to items only add a small fraction of their value if anything.

It's important to do your own research on whatever items you're being offered, don't take the other party's word for it or even backpack.tf's prices for some items, mainly skins and unusuals, as they can be off or flat out wrong. Feel free to make a status update here on the forums and ask if you need other neutral opinions if you aren't sure on an offer. 

• Like 3