For Sale/Not For sale list in inventory

Sugoni™ ⇋HG-A⇌

When on trade servers I always advertise that i'm selling only a specific page of my backpack, and about 40% of the time i get people offering trades for things I'm not willing to sell, on every other page other than the page i specified I was selling.

I'm sure a vast majority of the trading community also do the same, either specific items or specific pages.

My idea is to have either the option to mark items and/or pages as For sale or not for sale.

For example, you Might only be willing to sell items on a specific page like me, so there could be an option on our bptf accounts to Mark specified page as for sale, and auto mark everything else as not for sale.

Alternatively, have users specify pages not for sale if they're willing to negotiate other items in their backpack, and have the opposite happen.

Same same could also be done for specific items, but i feel it would help save a lot of unnecessary trading and make all of our experiences a lot smoother.

Ideas could be a simple big red X over pages/items not for sale, grayed out pages of items not for sale, or by default order pages differently, so rather than numerically, when our backpacks are loaded it shows For example pages 4-8 or pages 3,5 and 7 at the top, and leaving the rest of the pages to be sorted in the remaining numerical order afterwards.

Perhaps it could also be used if we're advertising buying trades that we can order the pages so for example we could have all of our 'for sale' item pages, and then afterwards, if we even have dedicated pages for them, show pages that contain any pure e have in our inventories, if sorted.

It seems like it's a fairly decent idea if it gets implemented.

So there's a solution for individual items, but for a sale page that's constantly changing items it can be a hassle to so it for every one of them. It would save alot of time and adding not for sale notes on hundreds of items in my backpack would take an age, and would require more effort than it's worth.

As someone currently working on tagging every item, its an effective solution and only takes like, 15 minutes for an average size inventory (And thats when NOTHING is for sale, like for me)

That still doesn't change thw fact that I change my inventory around alot and I can't go tagging every item that comes in or out. Plus the chances of people actually reading the tags when they don't even read my trade are fairly unlikely. If they couldn't read that I'm only selling a specific page on my backpack I'm certain they're can't read a not for sale tag on an item.

Also your inventory is about 900 items so unless you have literal magic hands you're telling me it literally took you one second per item and I honestly don't believe that.

It would be a much smarter and simpler implementation to add for sale and not for sale pages, and it might save additional load rather than storing tags on items it just stores tags on pages.

That still doesn't change thw fact that I change my inventory around alot and I can't go tagging every item that comes in or out. Plus the chances of people actually reading the tags when they don't even read my trade are fairly unlikely. If they couldn't read that I'm only selling a specific page on my backpack I'm certain they're can't read a not for sale tag on an item.

Also your inventory is about 900 items so unless you have literal magic hands you're telling me it literally took you one second per item and I honestly don't believe that.

It would be a much smarter and simpler implementation to add for sale and not for sale pages, and it might save additional load rather than storing tags on items it just stores tags on pages.

Why would they read the tag saying not for sale but not individual tags? Maybe in advertisement say (tag = not trading)

well if they're not going to read items' individual tags, what makes you think they'll take note of a "for sale"/"not for sale" tag on a backpack page

well if they're not going to read items' individual tags, what makes you think they'll take note of a "for sale"/"not for sale" tag on a backpack page

They might miss the "Page X" part of my offer but they might not miss a big red "NOT FOR SALE" sign over a page, or if they didn't scroll past all of my items to get to my trading page then they wouldn't even see the not for sale items to begin with.

Also it could be they're just recognising thumbnails and not even seeing what the tag is.