BIG issue "out of memory"

my old name was lenny

so my tf2 was working just dandy until tonight. I get this message on my mac when i die that says "out of memory" and then force quits tf2. (I would screen shot it but my mac is completely frozen when this happens) now what i thought is i was out of storage on my mac, but i have 75 gb left on my hard drive. could someone help me?

Memory, not free space. As in your computer does not have enough RAM to run everything you've got going on.

Memory, not free space. As in your computer does not have enough RAM to run everything you've got going on.

This, power cycle the computer.

If it looks like this, it is a bug many of us have already discovered and are working on trying to figure out with the TF2 dev team. There is no known cure for this issue currently and it is a Steam/TF2 side bug, not related to anyone's computer hardware or specs. 

Engine%20Error%20TF2_zpsn00mdfgc.jpg

^ That there is an usefull piece of advice,that happened to slin.

Also,back on topic,I've got that issue aswell,It never really happened before(pre-mym),but now It's pretty common and It's pissing me off,I am quite sure I have enough RAM to use everything that I've used before,altrough that isn't very much (Steam,TF2,and a few very small apps),hopefully Robin will fix this,or else I hope they take his Valve Rocket Launcher away.

I think I've found a solution,go to steam>tf2>properties>set launch options>and type in '-high' there without the quotaiton marks.