What do you want to be when you grow up?

Captain Caboose

This is the broadest term i can use and also this is a project for my S.S. class so serious answers pls. I need alot of answers and I cant run around asking strangers now can I? So i'm here.

Most people here either haven't started pursueing higher education or haven't decided what to do at all. For those of you who have already secured a career, what did you want to be when you grew up vs. What you do now?

Since you guys are telling me I guess I will tell you too, I want to be a surgeon. anatomy is fascinating to me.

When I was young I wanted to be a mailman or a programmer.

I'm a chef now. And I have never been more bitter. Though at the same time I'm also very joyful.

It's like spongebob and squidward had a wierd hyper spongapusbaby.

With a touch of mr crabs.

Play for Cloud 9. Most likely a psychologist but my parents want me to be a pharmacist.

i heard psychology and sport medicine are the hardest majors to get a career in. Though things change i guess.

I would like to be a software engineer or something in IT. The main reason I would like to work in IT is because I know that (depending on where you work of course) they have free time.

I'm planning on majoring in astrophysics and getting a PhD later, maybe work at NASA or something I dunno what I'm gonna do with my degree

Since I'm technically an adult (26), after my last dream job turned out to be a bust..... honestly I'm not sure. I would love to review/playtest games for a living, but atm the closest thing I could possibly go for is a Tattoo artist.

• Administrators

when i was a little kid i wanted to be a whole bunch of different things.

when i was a teenager i wanted to study maths or physics but didn't really wanna do most jobs associated with those things.

went to college for biochem because it was the easiest thing to do.

graduated, got a job, got very bored.

decided i wanted to be a dr instead.

got into care work for med school applications.

enjoyed it way more than i was expecting.

worked in nursing for ~6 years and got a law/ethics-related masters part-time.

decided i wanted to stay in mental health/social care.

start grad school for nursing/social work in less than a month.

may do more different things in future.

never planning to grow up.

I would love to be a snowboarding magazine photographer. 

As is, I'm minoring in photography and majoring in Networking, but... we'll see if my passion beats out the potential to make a lot more money.

Look at all you having dreams,

I'm 22 and I have no fucking idea what I want to do.

I'm pretty content with my full time casual job right now,

I know in the long run, I'll either go back to IT or Cooking.

Well isn't that a great question.

Wanted to be a lawyer early on. Pfft...

Started college in engineering.

Transferred schools and am currently majoring in Physics.
Could spend 5-8 years in grad school or do something completely different, not sure yet.
I think I'd like observing objects in space or something involving astronomy. 

currently I'm a finance major with a minor in economics.  so probs. will end up doing something in business for a career.  if I could do anything, I'd either burn things for a living, work for gamesworkshop (I'm a die-hard wh40k fan, and I suppose I could end up doing this still), or not working at all, and going to live in the middle of nowhere out in the woods/very rural area

Im majoring in Business Administration in Finance and then I want a Minor in Economics. The goal is to be a Sports Representative for NFL players (specifically) and then go do some side entrepreneurial things.

Archived