Ordering my PC today! 'Finalized' build: Thoughts?

Flaim

Finally chose everything.  Ill be getting windows 7 from my friend, and maybe gonna go buy a monitor today, but heres the PC itself:

Tired of playing on this Dell N5050 Family Integrated Graphics bullshit.. I want to play games for real, so Im ordering my PC today.

I will be playing:

-CS:GO

-TF2

-SFM

-GTA V

-Minecraft

-Fallout 4

-Shower with ur Dad simulator 2015 :^)

-BO2

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KTJkpg

I went with a GTX 970 because im kind of an Nvidia fanboy, and it seems like their best card for what im willing to spend.  8GB RAM, i5 4690K, rest is all there.

(?) Any tips? I feel like I did a pretty nice job. I guess buying an SSD might be good, but I dont feel like its ABSOLUTELY nessecary. Would it really help my bootup/game load time? And i dont really understand how it works.. Do you have to load things onto the SSD specifically? or i you clunk it in does it just make things load faster? idk man XD

(?) AND.. about a monitor.. 1080p? 1440p? I dont really know what I want. Anyone know good places to buy? Preferably irl places like a store, but online works I guess :s.

Thanks! <3

(?) Edit: Where should I order parts from? Different sites for different parts? Someone earlier today told me theyve had bad luck with motherboards on Newegg. So, wheres the best site to order everything/some parts from?

Looks solid, although I would have personally opted for the 8GB amd r9 390 as oppose to the 970 - better value for money.

If you install windows to your SSD, there will be a DRAMATIC reduction in bootup time, and storing games on there will slightly increase performance also.

Looks solid, although I would have personally opted for the 8GB amd r9 390 as oppose to the 970 - better value for money.

If you install windows to your SSD, there will be a DRAMATIC reduction in bootup time, and storing games on there will slightly increase performance also.

So if I get an SSD, Do I install windows on there, and all my games? Like when i go to download a game and choose a place, choose the SSD?

Also, hows this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=120GB_SSD-_-20-147-371-_-Product

Heard that the best SSD manufacturer/makers are Samsung and Corsair, and I suppose if im downloading/storing all my games on there 120 might be a bit small over time, so the extra 14 dollars for the 250GB should be well worth it if i get this SSD

Oh, not to track away from the SSD topic or anything, but btw reason i went for the 970 is because first off I love Nvidia, I like their software and everything and im sure AMD has something like that too, but I just love Nvidia! Also looked up some side by side comparisons of the r9 390 VS Gtx 970 and they both seemed pretty equal.  Not sure who will win in the future for gaming, but I figured the 970 should do fine no matter what comes my way, and for the extra quietness, and the Nvidia software it was worth it to me to take the chance.

So if I get an SSD, Do I install windows on there, and all my games? Like when i go to download a game and choose a place, choose the SSD?

Also, hows this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147372&cm_re=120GB_SSD-_-20-147-371-_-Product

Heard that the best SSD manufacturer/makers are Samsung and Corsair, and I suppose if im downloading/storing all my games on there 120 might be a bit small over time, so the extra 14 dollars for the 250GB should be well worth it if i get this SSD

Oh, not to track away from the SSD topic or anything, but btw reason i went for the 970 is because first off I love Nvidia, I like their software and everything and im sure AMD has something like that too, but I just love Nvidia! Also looked up some side by side comparisons of the r9 390 VS Gtx 970 and they both seemed pretty equal.  Not sure who will win in the future for gaming, but I figured the 970 should do fine no matter what comes my way, and for the extra quietness, and the Nvidia software it was worth it to me to take the chance.

Fair enough on the nvidia point.

Yes, follow this video: 

It takes you through the whole process of installing the OS. You probably won't be able or need to store ALL your games, only the ones which need the highest specs.

Fair enough on the nvidia point.

snip

It takes you through the whole process of installing the OS. You probably won't be able or need to store ALL your games, only the ones which need the highest specs.

Alright. Added the 250GB one, just in case I need it. 14 bucks extra #worth Thanks!

(?) A few more questions to anyone with experience:

-Where should I order parts from? Different sites for different parts? Someone earlier today told me theyve had bad luck with motherboards on Newegg. So, wheres the best site to order everything/some parts from?

-What kind of monitor should I get? Brand? Size?  1080p? 1440p overkill? I dont know which ones are best, I have 0 experience.

Dont put games on SSD?

If not, does 250GB seem excessive?

You should put games and large software on the ssd. Put mass storage like images and videos on the hard drive. A 250 GB SSD should do, and a 500 GB hard drive could work (unless you want to make YouTube videos, go with 1 TB)

Also, I'd go for a more reliable power supply manufacturer. You don't want it blowing up after a month or two

And a lot of your pc has a blue color scheme. The red RAM sticks would oddly stick out. Go for the exact same ram with a bluish color

You should put games and large software on the ssd. Put mass storage like images and videos on the hard drive. A 250 GB SSD should do, and a 500 GB hard drive could work (unless you want to make YouTube videos, go with 1 TB)

Also, I'd go for a more reliable power supply manufacturer. You don't want it blowing up after a month or two

And a lot of your pc has a blue color scheme. The red RAM sticks would oddly stick out. Go for the exact same ram with a bluish color

Sucks my mouse is gonna be red XD Where do i get the blue RAM tho? didnt know they had different colors for the exact same sticks of RAM.

What power supply might you recommend? Reason i went with the one i did is because if you check out the reviews on newegg theyre getting very good reviews, and people that have had trouble are actually getting responses from the manufacturer.  Any suggestions for another one around 550-600 watts?

Thanks for the tips! 

Dont put games on SSD?

If not, does 250GB seem excessive?

you could get a smaller ssd for just your os. I have all my games on my hard drive

You should post on Reddit under PCmasterrace they'll help you a lot for your price.

You can also post on the Tom's Hardware forum. There's knowledgeable people there too.

you could get a smaller ssd for just your os. I have all my games on my hard drive

Its like 11-15 bucks more to get the extra 130GB.. in the long run will it be worth?

Just go for the 250, if you put anything steam related in it put sfm on it. It's not a big advantage for gaming but it makes programs load up really fast.

Just go for the 250, if you put anything steam related in it put sfm on it. It's not a big advantage for gaming but it makes programs load up really fast.

Yeah, was thinking CS:GO, TF2, and SFM

Archived