Ruined Unboxing / New ideas

Q22

So it was brought to my attention that unboxing has been taking to turn for the worst.

What I'm talking about is the new unboxing grades.

I feel as if that although Volvo has given us more choice in what hats enter the game. They ultimately take away the trading aspect by them choosing which hats are nice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRziBEYdDBE

Refer to thus video and see that all he gets is blues. Meaning that even if the blue hat is nice it will eventually be worth jack.

On the other hand a hat like the cardbeard is worth 7 keys when imo its really not that great, just few in number.

What I'm trying to say is that valve ends up choosing what hats are more expensive rather than the community, by making it more rare. Rather than us choosing what hats we think are cool and therefore deciding a higher price and I think that's wrong.

But there is hope

My proposed idea is that a day before the hats are entered into the game we would get to vote on the website which hats would he which grade

Or just change it back to normal

Thx for reading, tell me what u think

It wouldn't really matter. Valve is not deciding it's price - they're deciding it's rarity. Wether they say it or not - certain hats are more likely to be unboxed than others. Chances are people wouldn't price anything differently even if the item grades did not exist, because their rarity would remain the same. They'd see that certain hats are more common than others, and price it accordingly. The grade is simply telling you what the chances are of you unboxing it. Blue is the most common - and red is the least common. Also, look at some of csgo's reds. Items like the desert strike are cheap, even though they're red - because so many of them exist and people don't like the skin as much as other skins. The grade system works fine.

Nobody cares if a hat looks good if everybody wears it. They want something unique, something that stands out. Not just another unusual that hundreds of people have. Nobody ever said items like the coffin kit looked good - but their still extremely rare and expensive. 

What I'm trying to say is that valve ends up choosing what hats are more expensive rather than the community, by making it more rare. 

Rarity does not make things expensive. A Flies Ketche is just as rare as a Burning Team Captain (And both were made unboxable as unusuals at the same time), yet the community certainly made one more valuable than the other.

What I'm trying to say is that valve ends up choosing what hats are more expensive rather than the community

No. They just decide the rarity, we decide the prices. What do you think price suggesting is for?

Rarity does not make things expensive. A Flies Ketche is just as rare as a Burning Team Captain (And both were made unboxable as unusuals at the same time), yet the community certainly made one more valuable than the other.

Rarity still makes a difference. Believe me, if the burning TC was just as common to be unboxed as a n&b coupe, it wouldn't be worth anything. It would be like the bombing run of soldier, medic, and heavy. Also, comparing a flies hat to a burning hat is not fair at all. Above what classes people prefer and whether they think the hat looks good or not - people care more about the effect than anything else. If people cared about how good the hat looked, they'd get a unique version, not an unusual. Flies is an incredibly disliked effect. Burning, on the other hand is much more liked and popular. Rarity still plays a huge part in how items are priced, along with effect. Believe me, if a sunbeams all-class was said to be 5 times more likely to be unboxed than a n&b heavy hat - the heavy hats would rise in price and the all-class hats would fall a lot. People don't dislike hats like the coupe just because it looks bad - they dislike because so many exist and so many people own them.

Look at the hunter heavy. A cosmetic for the heavy. Only 3 exist. Extremely expensive - placing at 3rd highest in average unusual price on bp.tf, even though heavy unusuals are commonly looked down upon. The reason they're so expensive is because they can't be gotten any more and are glitched items. If hunter heavies were not a glitch and could be unboxed normally as unusuals - they would not be so expensive.

Also, the "community" did not decide on a burning tc's price. Buyers do. They buy it for a certain amount that they are willing to pay, and that decides what there price is. If several people bought burning tcs in the 30-50 key range, than that's how much it's worth, as long as none of them were sharks.

You seem to have missed my point entirely. The Team Captain and the Ketche were both added to the unusual pool at the same time. This means that the chances of unboxing a Burning Team Captain and a Flies Ketche are, and always have been, identical. Additionally, both have been unboxed in similar quantities, so the supply is also identical. So, we have two products with identical supply and rarity, but one is massively more desired, thus causing a huge price differential between the two. I could've used a P. Fetti Western Wear, PE Connoisseur's Cap, Searing Hetman, Beams Dead Cone as the example instead as they're all still applicable. Hell, I don't even hve to switch hats and simply point out that there's just as many Peace TCs as there are Burnings.

And yes, the community did decide on the price of the Burning Team Captain because people sold it and others bought it. I'm not talking about bp.tf price voting in the slightest here.

You seem to have missed my point entirely. The Team Captain and the Ketche were both added to the unusual pool at the same time. This means that the chances of unboxing a Burning Team Captain and a Flies Ketche are, and always have been, identical. Additionally, both have been unboxed in similar quantities, so the supply is also identical. So, we have two products with identical supply and rarity, but one is massively more desired, thus causing a huge price differential between the two. I could've used a P. Fetti Western Wear, PE Connoisseur's Cap, Searing Hetman, Beams Dead Cone as the example instead as they're all still applicable. Hell, I don't even hve to switch hats and simply point out that there's just as many Peace TCs as there are Burnings.

And yes, the community did decide on the price of the Burning Team Captain because people sold it and others bought it. I'm not talking about bp.tf price voting in the slightest here.

Well, i dont really think were talking about UNUSUALS in the first place, rather the quality of the hats that were added in the GM update(Blue, pink, red, purple)... since nor the ketche nor the TC have been added in the update, its pointless to talk about what youre pointing right now... So, talking about a hat looking good and being common as fuck and a hat looking shit being rare as fuck isnt really fair is it, and yeah, it does ruin the trading part of it... idk how2english anymore, laters

Archived