Petrolheads? (I have no idea where to put this topic)

Tiu

Anybody here a fan of cars?

How to tell if you're a petrolhead, you must like the following:

1. Manual Transmission

2. Blow off valves (PRRRRTTT TTTSSSHHHHHHHHHH)

3. Drifting

4. Car Throttle pls

5. Jeremy Clarkson :D

No disrespect but I'm just gonna take a guess and say you're under 20? Manual transmission elitists are pretty annoying especially with the strides DCTs have made in the last ten years. Drifting and BOVs is just lol 3fast3furious. 

No disrespect but I'm just gonna take a guess and say you're under 20? Manual transmission elitists are pretty annoying especially with the strides DCTs have made in the last ten years. Drifting and BOVs is just lol 3fast3furious. 

I do enjoy the sound of BOV's though they sound like an angry whistle and drifting for me on the other hand is just a majestic view imo. Manual transmission makes some drivers feel like they're still in control of controlling every once of power before shifting the gear. However automatic trans is still good, also some cars are manufactured only to the automatic transmission :) No hate right? :D

Anybody here a fan of cars?

How to tell if you're a petrolhead, you must like the following:

1. Manual Transmission

2. Blow off valves (PRRRRTTT TTTSSSHHHHHHHHHH)

3. Drifting

4. Car Throttle pls

5. Jeremy Clarkson :D

Not much a point to this topic, but I am a big car guy but I  can list my favorite cars to start something off,

1. 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago

2. 1969 Dodge Charger

3. 2010 Shelby GT500

4. 2007 Evo IX

5. 2008+ Evo X

6. Ferrari F40

7. 2004 Terminator Cobra

8. 2002 Toyota Supra

9. Any model year Lamborghini Countach

10. Formula 1 cars

I do currently plan on selling my Evo X for a 2010+ Shelby GT500 and put basic bolt ons plus possibly some other small stuff. Should be easy to get 500+whp.

Edit: I got jumped by everyone on top me because I was replying on mobile lol

My old ride

5d9a73a554.jpg

K1200S. 170hp, heated grips, removable bags, single sided swingarm. 2-wheeled M5. 

Super fast. I felt bad for the guy in the 360 who tried to show me up after cutting me off and got humiliated 

My old ride

5d9a73a554.jpg

K1200S. 170hp, heated grips, removable bags, single sided swingarm. 2-wheeled M5. 

Super fast. I felt bad for the guy in the 360 who tried to show me up after cutting me off and got humiliated 

Damn ur coooool and oh so tooooough

I love cars, but I am NOT a fan of what I think you've listed above...

Street racing, drifting, turbos, rice grinder blue Subaru's with Monster energy drink stickers in the rear window... that kind of stuff is just childish.  Cars are not ALL about racing, sometimes it's just about the art of the automobile.    

Here's mine, I've spent the last 3 years restoring it.  It's not finished yet either.

GV27Fkk.jpg

Sickkkkkkkk. So much better than the fastback imo. You could probably run without a front plate and nobody would give you crap. Details?

Sickkkkkkkk. So much better than the fastback imo. You could probably run without a front plate and nobody would give you crap. Details?

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it!

In CO, you'll get harassed by cops without the front plate.

Details:

1968 (early 68, Jan. in fact) 

Coupe 

6 cyl 200ci engine (small but I also don't race it)

C4 Automatic Transmission (original 3-speed manual transmission died)

Highland Metallic Green paint code

White hood stripes and c-stripes

Black interior

It's my only car and my daily driver.  It's been pretty reliable over the last few years, getting me where I need to go.  It's not the fastest Mustang ever, but it still gets me speeding tickets... unfortunately. 

Edit: I've got a good picture of the engine bay somewhere, but I can't find it right now...

550850_515995321761882_1944697979_n.jpg?

Don't know if it shows up, but there's my car on the right. Turbos are nice, but 300ZX TTs are too much to work on. :P

Manual Transmissions give YOU the control. If you want to reach the maximum horspower and torque @ 4500 - 5000 RPM's then you can. I've seen automatic variants of cars that are available in manual and the automatic transmission one's shift earlier or before it gets to the peak of the power band. Which is a game killer, when you feel it you'll hate it.

Yeah Dual Clutch Transmissions are great, quicker, newer etc but it's just not the same. You're just pressing a button to shift I assume.

If you want to reach the peak of the power band for your engine get some kind of transmission that lets you shift either Manual or DCT.

I love cars, but I am NOT a fan of what I think you've listed above...

Street racing, drifting, turbos, rice grinder blue Subaru's with Monster energy drink stickers in the rear window... that kind of stuff is just childish.  Cars are not ALL about racing, sometimes it's just about the art of the automobile.    

Here's mine, I've spent the last 3 years restoring it.  It's not finished yet either.

GV27Fkk.jpg

holy f**k, that is AWESOME...

Here's a pic i took long ago

From left to right :

1959 Chevy Impala, 1957 Chevy Belair, 1956 Ford Fairlane

I always wanted a Belair for some reason, it's the essence of the classic is what gets me

HWVk1mx.jpg

belairs are legit as fuck. I'd love a red & white 2 door hardtop. Wouldn't need a 500hp motor 19" Cragars, super loud exhaust, just somethin to go cruise around in.

341505_13547811_1956_Chevrolet_Bel%2BAir

WHITEWALLS ALL DAY LONG

Since everyone but me and six other people on this forum is under 18, are you guys interested in cars at all? Like performance cars? BRZ/FRS, Mustangs, Challengers Corvettes etc? Focus ST? Do you want a cool car or is it just a mode of transit until Uber takes over and you don't need one anymore

belairs are legit as fuck. I'd love a red & white 2 door hardtop. Wouldn't need a 500hp motor 19" Cragars, super loud exhaust, just somethin to go cruise around in.

341505_13547811_1956_Chevrolet_Bel%2BAir

WHITEWALLS ALL DAY LONG

Since everyone but me and six other people on this forum is under 18, are you guys interested in cars at all? Like performance cars? BRZ/FRS, Mustangs, Challengers Corvettes etc? Focus ST? Do you want a cool car or is it just a mode of transit until Uber takes over and you don't need one anymore

Shoot that's looks cool. I wonder if you can custom build a car frame, but that'll probably cost millions of dollars and you'll probably need a like government-certified safety test 

Archived