Quite the dilemma

Studious Damon

Should I make a pc build to upgrade from a prebuilt pos (can probably keep the cpu in it.) Or save my money for other endeavors? 

Earn $150/month pay $45/month on bills. Spend another $50 on food. Totaling $55/month. Was thinking of saving $500 and getting into stocks. (Speaking of which, cashing out for $500; its mostly pure.)

500 isn't much to get into stocks and I'd say it isn't worth the time/investment

Just spend the 500 elsewhere on a computer or w/e

500 isn't much to get into stocks and I'd say it isn't worth the time/investment

Just spend the 500 elsewhere on a computer or w/e

How is it not worth the time tho?

most stock traders start out with a big capital to maximize profit amount, or take out a loan 

Yes but considering I earn only $150, $50 after bills and shit, wouldn't it be worth it.

Yes but considering I earn only $150, $50 after bills and shit, wouldn't it be worth it.

with the amount of time youd have to invest, best to just keep working

with the amount of time youd have to invest, best to just keep working

The way I see it, invest when stocks are low, sell them a month later at, lets say, 1.5 what they were. Now I have $750, add $50 from my pay check, $800. Invest the same way, month later, $1,200. This is very rough and there are chances of loss, but you get my point, in 2 months I would have made 4x what I would have before fees

The way I see it, invest when stocks are low, sell them a month later at, lets say, 1.5 what they were. Now I have $750, add $50 from my pay check, $800. Invest the same way, month later, $1,200. This is very rough and there are chances of loss, but you get my point, in 2 months I would have made 4x what I would have before fees

im not an expert in stocks but if it was that easy to make money id have cashed out a long time ago and id be up by tens of thousands of dollars by now

You're seriously overestimating your ability to read the stock market. If you want to put money away in a solid investment, that's what 401Ks, IRAs, and the like are for.

Alternatively, you could try for a better job or something with more hours, as $150 a month means you're only working about 20 hours per month.

You're seriously overestimating your ability to read the stock market. If you want to put money away in a solid investment, that's what 401Ks, IRAs, and the like are for.

Alternatively, you could try for a better job or something with more hours, as $150 a month means you're only working about 20 hours per month.

I've studied economics for a while, I know how to read graphs. I'm smart enough not to invest in penny stocks are unknown companies. And I know when to invest.

Again, you're overestimating yourself. If it really were as easy as you're describing, you wouldn't be sitting here hemming and hawing over it, you would have done it already.

Again, you're overestimating yourself. If it really were as easy as you're describing, you wouldn't be sitting here hemming and hawing over it, you would have done it already.

Well no, its just I would have to start all over if I cash out. So I want to make sure that cashing out wouldn't be a huge problem.

You can't be expecting a 50% payback in a month, its like 7-10% a year

To be honest, I love how stocks work, and I was in a similar situation. To be honest, TF2 trading is similar but on a smaller scale

Bear with my econ nerdiness for a moment.

Rather than cashing out, just see what kinds of investments (items / unusuals / aussies / etcs) you can make without having to put too much effort into it. Easy profit, small profit, but something that is repetitious and simple to do. That will help grow your small income.

I personally think that you need x1000 more research for a real stock exchange and isn't as easy to follow.

Or save up and sit on it.  I'm personally more for the first option, it actually showed me how much fun demand and supply actually is, and I know it might be weird to hear it but TF2 Trading is what made me decide my major.

Econ and Marketing.

Anyways I hope this helps. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. 

As for now, thats what I've been doing. :3

I'm also looking to get into stocks as well, but more as a hobby / getting experience. I wouldn't expect anyone but the best investors to really be seeing huge profits. $500 to invest in the stocks is nothing, you'd be lucky to make more than 8% of your investment after a year of investing. And that's only if you chose the right stock to invest in, the exact opposite could happen and you can see yourself losing profit just as easily as earning it. 

Hate to ruin the moment, but expecting a 50% profit each month is quite ridiculous. You'd have to be the best of the best in the world to see that much profit made in a year, let alone a month. 

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, October 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, October 6, 2015 - No reason given

Hi, i'm 13. I also have  a stock account with 900 bucks in it. Phish me please.

I've studied economics for a while, I know how to read graphs. I'm smart enough not to invest in penny stocks are unknown companies. And I know when to invest.

I have bad news...by the way you talk I can tell you have studied the wrong material regarding the stock market.

Also, the comment of penny stocks sounds like you watched the wolf of wall street and decided that you're smart enough to get in the game. Well, like many other people said, not even the best traders make 50%, not even people like Warren Buffet, not even Gordon Gecko in the movie wall street was that lucky.

I'll just leave you with this idea: money is not magically made. So, how do people make money on the stock market? From people loosing money. Person A looses money and person B makes that money in profit. And let me tell you, people that make the money have extensive knowledge, tool, and algorithms to read graphs and the market trends to know when to invest, and even they loose money sometimes. So instead invest in other fields like buying a product in bulk with those $500 and re-selling that, might even make you a legitimate business in the future.

Archived