Using Price List API in C# .NET

sealed interface

I'm trying to figure out how to read backpack.tf price list data into a file that I can parse and read in a C# .NET program (for personal use). However, I have a few questions on how to accomplish that.

• It seems the data from IGetPrices doesn't provide any info on what type of item something is in the data. On the spreadsheet form of backpack.tf price listing, there is a column "Type" that is either Tool, Action, Taunt, Cosmetic, Primary, etc. Can my program look this information up somewhere, or do I have to manually hard-code and research all this myself?
  • What are all the Quality ID's? I've figured out Collector's (14), Strange (11), and Unique (6), but what are the others?
  • What about skins? How can my program use backpack.tf to price skins based on a given skin, grade, wear, and (perhaps) quality, if at all possible?
  • What about unusuals? How can my program use backpack.tf to price unusuals?

Halfway into this, I realized I still have no idea how to find prices for skins, or weapons with paint, killstreaks, or strange parts on them. Anybody have any idea about how to find that?

EDIT: I'm also having trouble figuring out other parts of the APIs. The backpack API (IGetUsers) requires a steamid in in the url, but since I can't find any examples anywhere, I have no way of knowing the exact format the steamid should be in. Steam username (not nickname) didn't work, steam ID number alone didn't work, and neither did the full Steam ID v4 or v3 string. I also would like a way to get a list of all classefied listings on backpack.tf, rather than specific to a user. IGetUserListings requires a steam ID (again no idea how to do this), and not providing one simply results in a failed request.

Archived