Why can't killstreaks be applied to skins?

Puddkingkip's Selfie

Why can't I put killstreak kits on skins?

I know you can use glitched ones, but I feel like valve should have made it so that all skins can have the weapon that has been skinned's killstreak kit on it (like a killstreak shotgun kit on a lightning rod)

They did it to botkillers so why not skins?

A similar problem occurs with the Genuine Flying Guillotine and Medieval Mode: The Gen. Guillotine actually has a different item ID than a regular guillotine, so you can't use it in Medieval Mode.

It is likely that this is also the case with killstreak kits and reskins. Reskins have a different item ID than their stock counterparts, and since Valve is lazy, Valve likely forgot to make their IDs compatible with killstreak kits. I believe this was a case with many Festive weapons a while ago, but Valve fixed it. Hopefully Valve fixes this too.

If they fix it, it would definitely be awesome, but a lot of people might be pissed

Like, someone might have boughten a glitched professional killstreak kit for like 60 keys for their scattergun skin

Then a fix comes out, and you can buy a regular scattergun kit for the skin for like 9 keys or whatever

They would feel pretty stupid too, eh?

Anyway, I would still support the fix though

I've putten a Spec Ks Pistol kit on my Red Rock Roscoe and it works perfectly....

I've putten a Spec ks Sticky kit on my Pink Elephant and it works perfectly.....

I've putten a normal KS Sniper kit on my Lumber from Down Under skin and it works perfectly...

My Unusual Masked Mender has a normal KS kit on it and it works perfectly.... (didn't put it on myself)

I really, really don't see the problem. It must only affect certain users or skins. Not once have I failed to killstreak a skin so far......

Archived