Preferred Wear on Skins

CourtneyWendysCommercials

Preferred Wear  

39 members have voted

1. 1. As far as TF2 skins go, what wear do you like most?

• Factory New
    • Minimal Wear
    • Field Tested
    • Well Worn
    • Battle Scarred

Do you like crisp factory new weapons? Do you like a couple scratches on your boomstick? Do you prefer a weapon that shows a history of roughness?

Depends on the skin. If it's a high tier skin for the scattergun (something like Current Event), I prefer it to be as Factory New looking as possible. I wouldn't mind minimum wear scratches on a King of the Jungle skin for the minigun though. Overall, it really depends on the tier and type of the skin for me.

Minimal Wear is usually my preferred, since I don't want too many scratches on my gun to the point where it looks like a piece of crap I got from the garbage dump. Field-Tested might work, though it still has a bit too many scratches for my taste. However, Factory New simply seems to clean for me and makes me look like a sissy who prioritizes keeping his gun safe like a coward. 

Some guns do look nice with a ton of scratches on them, though, such as the Night Owl and Shot in the Dark Sniper Rifles. 

I like battle scarred because I don't really give a shit so long as it has some bloodstains and I'm pretty sure BS is the most likely to have them.

My opinion on the whole wears thing is that in CS:GO, if it's not MW or FN, in most cases it just looks like shit because that's how the art style of the game is.

But in TF2, everything's barely working, broke down shit made up of just parts. I mean, just look at the maps, these cartoonish wooden structures that look like they should fall apart, trains that run people over, that sort of stuff. Even the weapons look strapped together, the Medic's Ubersaw looks like it's made of spare rusted blades, a huge syringe and a collection basin all bolted together. I actually think that the lesser quality skins looks as good as the MW and FN ones because they all fit with the art style of the game.

My opinion on the whole wears thing is that in CS:GO, if it's not MW or FN, in most cases it just looks like shit because that's how the art style of the game is.

But in TF2, everything's barely working, broke down shit made up of just parts. I mean, just look at the maps, these cartoonish wooden structures that look like they should fall apart, trains that run people over, that sort of stuff. Even the weapons look strapped together, the Medic's Ubersaw looks like it's made of spare rusted blades, a huge syringe and a collection basin all bolted together. I actually think that the lesser quality skins looks as good as the MW and FN ones because they all fit with the art style of the game.

I like FT, WW, and BS a lot in csgo but not in tf2, its all just this grey garbage

Factory New tbh. I know it's mainstream and I've done my best to like FT/BS more but if half/over half the paint of my gun is scratched away then I might as well use stock and if it's MW it has so few scratches that I might as well want a FN to look better.

I like Field-Tested the second most but I've had FT guns look like battle scarred and some that look like minimal wear/almost factory new so it depends on the gun :/

For example on shotgun skins I'm perfectly ok with FT and even WW but for Medi Gun skins everything below MW is trash and not worth bothering it for me (I'll just use stock instead)

I go on a weapon-by-weapon basis.  Most of the top-tier skins have cool patterns and look best with minimal wear or factory new.  The lower-tier skins are often quite bland and having scratches / blood stains really makes them look much better, so I'll go with Battle-Scarred.  Some of the low-tiers look amazing all scratched up and blood-stained, and pair incredibly well with halloween loadouts.

Archived