Account takeover?

TheRoyalHunts

So I received a friend request from this guy, and since I'm trying to sell something I decided to accept. Eventually he sent me the message "LOL WTF DUDE - phishsite.con". By then I knew he was just attempting to phish me. I checked his profile and to my surprise it wasn't private. It's a level two profile with the only game being Cod: modern warfare 3. I then saw that he hasn't played it since 2013. So is it possible that it's an Inactive account that has been taken over?

Here's his profile so you can see: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068161238

It is very possible. I've seen a few websites before where you can get some steam accounts with A LOT of value of games for a tiny fraction of the price.

It is very possible. I've seen a few websites before where you can get some steam accounts with A LOT of value of games for a tiny fraction of the price.

Pretty much this, grey market is a thing, though bot owners don't really care about AMOUNT of games, but pretty often you can see 3-7 year badges.

Pretty much this, grey market is a thing, though bot owners don't really care about AMOUNT of games, but pretty often you can see 3-7 year badges.

Alright, thanks for the info! I quickly blocked/reported him. Hopefully the account gets banned.

Archived