GTA 5 gift scam or what?

Toad

Anyone know where GTA 5 is being sold very cheaply/free? A guy adds me and gifts me gta5 for my cheap unusual, I accepted obviously. However, I noticed on his profile that hes doing that with a lot of people. Something seems suspicious, but I cannot find any sales on the web for GTA 5...still, this is bothering me. 

there's a thing where he refunds the game after he gives you the gift.After that he tells valve to refund it to him and the gift he gave you is revoked.

How do you reverse a trade?

can't reverse a trade. your hat is gone. unless he somehow changes his mind about scamming you.

you should link me this guys profile so we can see if he's legit. we still don't know for sure if he actually scammed you

Uh, I don't believe this. There is no way Valve would let this go through because it can be used as scamming.

They have to... If someone buys games with a stolen credit card who do you think will win? Some 12 yr old trading hats or the guy who had his CC stolen?

They have to... If someone buys games with a stolen credit card who do you think will win? Some 12 yr old trading hats or the guy who had his CC stolen?

I would think they would take the customers and traders side since this can easily be abused.

So, should I contact steam? There has to be an option.

Sorry to tell you, but there's literally nothing you can do to get your hat back. You can tell steam support so he can MAYBE get a temp trade ban or something, but nothing can be done to get your hat back.

You can file a report for him on f-o-g so he gets marked and banned on outpost and stuff but that's it. My advice to you is to play the shit out of gta before he charges it back.

Wow, what kind of fucking shit is this. Like, this scam is fool-proof, obvious to do..I would think Valve/Steam would have something in place to stop this. Wow..

Guess I'll go to FOG and submit a report. I'll also contact Steam and see what they can do.

Wow, what kind of fucking shit is this. Like, this scam is fool-proof, obvious to do..I would think Valve/Steam would have something in place to stop this. Wow..

Guess I'll go to FOG and submit a report. I'll also contact Steam and see what they can do.

wish you luck, but steam won't do anything about getting you hatback, they only dupe items when they are phished.

Is there a way to view the full convo? I closed the chat box sometime ago and reopened it, and only part of the conversation is there.

I would think they would take the customers and traders side since this can easily be abused.

well they could make gifts ungiftable for a month but that kinda defies the point of a gift... they by law have to side with the stolen CC...

You cant reverse the trade but if you can show steam that you actually paid for the game there is a chance they will let you keep the game which has happened before.

I wouldnt get my hopes up tho since it was a gift rather than a trade

This scam is fool-proof, obvious to do..I would think Valve/Steam would have something in place to stop this. Wow..

When someone tries to sell you a very popular 60$ game for a stupidly cheap price that should have been a clear red flag. Greed got the best of you and it isnt anyone's fault except your own.

In my 4+ years of trading, I've never encountered this type of scam. It seemed completely legit, I am pretty sure many of us would've fallen for it. Oh well, now I know I guess.

if you traded gift for unusual in a one trade window, vavle will give you what you paid. Because i bought untradable gta 5, and yeah paid keys for it and it got revoked .. stean told mr that they will give back what you pay for gift which was in a one trade window. But you will need to contact steam support.

Archived