Account Security

L☆R Konata☆Izumi

Since I'm paranoid, I'd like someone's input.

Basically, in a suggestion i made, i accidentally released my steam username (and did some other dumb stuff w/ the suggestion that if avoided, none of this would've happened).

Long story short, I have steam guard on, email confirmations, phone authenticator or w/e that is, email authenticator and have changed my password.

Anyone know if I'm still at risk or what not? I was alerted that people can bypass the authenticator if they log in to your account in offline mode, so I'm also worried about that.

Thanks!

From what I've known for so long. You can actually find anyone's steam name in some way. 

I remembered one was when trading. Your steam name would be place somewhere in the trade window or in the link.

You should be safe.

If you have steamguard on there is almost nothing that can be done with your login name.

For anything to happen they would need email access, your password (hard to obtain unless you are a complete idiot).

To get your password you would either need your personal details leaked and for the hijacker to know a steam wallet code/cd key that you have redeemed on the account. Sometimes last 4 digits of CC/DC can work too or to have a keylogger/guess it if its super obvious.

tl;dr you are safe

Thanks for letting me know, the reason I was worried is because on my current open suggestion, a user said my account could be compromised, so I figured i'd rather get other's inputs and not dwell on it.

Archived