Opinion on so called "Race card"?

Dandy Space Dandy

With all the news stories going around around minority races being shot at by cops supposedly for "no reason". Do you guys believe there is a so called race card that some races have that allow them to get away with more? I've seen this topic pulled up before in conversations, and I don't want to sound like a racist. SO please discuss below.

Well, theres the problem of this http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/39879-becoming-a-minority-in-ones-own-country/

If its not broke don't fix it.

Heres a quote from south park C: (As well as i remember it 0.o) "All these stories of kidnappings, but do you see the stories of human kindness? News is just for the worst of the worst, it never shows the kindness of many people because there is too much of it and it would get boring."

Media doesn't usually report the good cops do, atleast NBC has had stories of good cops which I'm thankful for that. Most cops are nice, but there are bad ones that tarnish the name of every other cop. It just keeps piling up tensions between cops and minorities and I'm honestly sick of it. Yes there is a problem with police with their heads in their ass. No, its not new. Yes, I would trust most cops I see. Innocent until proven guilty for me.

The race card is only pulled by people who have lost the argument logically. The media focuses on the bad as it's more interesting and can be used as propaganda. 

Maybe it's not reported, but I haven't seen news on cops in the south shooting a white kid for "no reason".

This would be something I'd need to see, not good cops doing good things, because that's not involved with race

The question isn't "Are all cops bad people" it's "Are cops making decisions by race"

Most People think that they are being shot for no reason because the News only show when the cop is shooting, not events before that, showing that most were truly up to no good. Samuel DuBose the new victim in the "Cops vs Minority" shooting, in the whole video he can be shown acting nervous and stuttering when the cops asked if the car was his, then he took off in a speeding fashion dragging the police with him, but in the news, all that can be show is his saying "Hello Officer" then the cop shooting, not him dragging the cop which put his life in danger along with pedestrians. But there are also bad Cops who think they are though shit, ones who choke people who arent ressisting, and cops who just shoot. some are justified, and some arent.

With all the news stories going around around minority races being shot at by cops supposedly for "no reason".

The media definitely makes it sound that way.

As much as we want it to happen, we're never gonna have equality. Each different kind of person is going to have negatives and positives. I mean for God sakes if you're a black female engineer every fucking company wants you, but on the other hand you being black or a female can create assumptions on them, which leads to illegal bank issues and harder watches.

I don't think there should be a definete set race card on what people can get away with. It would be a good idea but would cause more bad than good.

#SJW

When you get statistics like

• demographic US:

63% white, 37% minority (of which 12% black)

• killed by cops:

52% white, 48% minority (of which 29% black)

• killed by cops, while unarmed:

36% white, 64% minority

Or, just in case one would even think to argue that more minorities are criminals ...
  • drug use: white & black are about equal
  • drug arrests: whites get much less arrested then blacks
Or, when you here testimonies from cops that, to get their quota, they go make arrests in black neighbourhoods, so they don't accidently arrest someone with connectsions

I don't agree that the race card is only pulled by people who have lost the argument logically.

Yes, the media gives it it's own spin (reporting more if they can give it a racial twist), and yes, most cops are good people, and yes, even many of the 'bad' cops don't even realize they are part of the problem ... But anyone who actually looks at the fact, can see that there are racial problems in the police department

It's pretty much calling someone a Nazi in an argument. If you pull the "race card" accusation in your argument, then you're more-than-likely going to lose that argument.

I've been accused of playing the "race card" on issues, like Ferguson, by a handful of people, because I'm pointing out a certain aspect (ex. Witness #40's rampant racism) and that's apparently racist for pointing it out.

There are cases of legitimacy of the "race card" and I'll stand by that; however, if you're on Fox News or arguing with your Republican buddies, expect that to be thrown at you like it is no tomorrow.

Maybe it's not reported, but I haven't seen news on cops in the south shooting a white kid for "no reason".

This would be something I'd need to see, not good cops doing good things, because that's not involved with race

The question isn't "Are all cops bad people" it's "Are cops making decisions by race"

^this

Atm the police are under a lot of heat purely because the media gives it a lot of attention and it intrigues the reader hence they make more money. It's just like at school, there was always that one kid which makes the entire class stay back because he was being a douche. That's basically how the police are right now, the media doesnt report on the large amount of crimes prevented or the everyday contributions by the police they report that one guy who stepped out of line and barrage it everywhere.

To be on topic everyone is racist in some way, everyone judges based off looks and will always have a certain "expectation" when meeting new people based off past experiences. If you say you dont do any of these then you're either lying to yourself or you're not human as it's in your nature to do so. The main problem is how you act upon those, most "normal" people do so very well that you can't tell where as others dont and act differently.

Also many of the cases highlighting the white cop going too far can be justified except the media chooses to ignore it. eg: That brown kid which was shot dead after stealing from a store. The news focused that the kid was running away when he was shot dead based off autopsies and the bullet wounds which pissed off people as cop isnt in any danger why should he open fire on a fleeing target...etc but eye witnesses from over 50 people in the area recount a different story.

Multiracial countries' common issues. And i thought press freedom in the US is relatively high, yet so many filtered news exist 

Archived