Question about Buds on Front Page

Aleks. B

I don't know if this has been asked before, but considering Buds are not being used as a formal currency anymore, why are they still on the front page of backpack.tf alongside the other 2 currencies that are used? Is there some technical reason or have they just not gotten around to it? 

Yea i dont know either. tbh they shouldnt be their. If they are to stay there, bills and maxes should be added as well.

Buds are still a widely traded item and I'm sure a lot of people are still interested in its price.

Yea i dont know either. tbh they shouldnt be their. If they are to stay there, bills and maxes should be added as well.

While all of them are promos, buds are the only one out of the three that was used as formal currency.

Buds are still a widely traded item and I'm sure a lot of people are still interested in its price.

That might be true, but they're value ATM (~4 keys) and again, the fact it is no longer a formal currency, is probably reason enough to take it off the front page. Plus it's kind of awkward to have 2 formal currencies presented next to a (essentially) regular item. But all-in-all it's at the discretion of the website operators.

That might be true, but they're value ATM (~4 keys) and again, the fact it is no longer a formal currency, is probably reason enough to take it off the front page. Plus it's kind of awkward to have 2 formal currencies presented next to a (essentially) regular item. But all-in-all it's at the discretion of the website operators.

I get your questioning it there, but im not sure myself, and have never really questioned it

It's there because it's always been there and, like, it'd be MORE work to remove it and it's not exactly hurting anybody.

Besides, as demonstrated with the Gun Mettle Update, the price of buds fluctuates far more than any other item, so having it's price displayed somewhere obvious and easy to access is important.

It's there because it's always been there and, like, it'd be MORE work to remove it and it's not exactly hurting anybody.

You're making an appeal to tradition (it's there because it's always been there: common fallacy).

Moreover, your argument that it takes more work to remove seems unlogical too. By this reasoning there wouldn't be any need to improve the site at all since it's more work to remove then to improve (extreme example).

Besides, as demonstrated with the Gun Mettle Update, the price of buds fluctuates far more than any other item, so having it's price displayed somewhere obvious and easy to access is important.

I don't see how price fluctuation would have anything to do with displaying earbuds on the front page or not.

It can't get much more easier to access then typing "earbud" into the search bar.

--

Most logical argument so far was given by Asce, who stated that buds were used as formal currency and that's why they should still be on the front page.

However, backpack.tf made the choice not to treat earbuds as a currency anymore, and by doing so I personally believe it should follow through and remove earbuds from the front page.

I don't really understand why the community stubbornly keeps holding on to earbuds as if it has a fear of letting earbuds go. It's only a matter of time before earbuds will completely die off and then they'll be removed from the frontpage anyway (and the stubborn fear-of-letting-go attitude of the community towards earbuds is probably the main reason why it's still listed on the front page). 

Ultimately the decision rests with the preference of the owner of this site; BradPitt.

Archived