Help with Network Utilization (WP7)

Captain Caboose

so, I recently got new internet switching from AT&T to Xfinity/comcast

I immediately began noticing the slowness but i thought it was just my computer. 

as i continued to use the xfinity wifi, it started getting slower and slower so i did some digging on my settings and found the Networking tab in Task Manager and noticed to Network Utilization was at 0.09-0.25%. I thought this was the explanation to the slowness in the connectivity so i looked up solutions and i found a help topic in the microsoft forums that said disabling Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter would stop this and i did it but still the same, so I am here asking if anyone can help here now not in 2008.

(There is 6 devices connected to by wifi but the other devices dont have the same problem at all)

How far are you away from your router?

And Network Utilization isn't a good tool to measure your connection speed. It displays high numbers only if you're actually using all of your internet speed. So let's say you have a 50mbps internet plan, network utilization would only get close to maxing out if you were downloading stuff at a speed of 50mbps.

A better measure would be to find your average upload and download. Go to speedof.me, do the speedtest, and post your results.

so, I recently got new internet switching from AT&T to Xfinity/comcast

I immediately began noticing the slowness but i thought it was just my computer. 

as i continued to use the xfinity wifi, it started getting slower and slower so i did some digging on my settings and found the Networking tab in Task Manager and noticed to Network Utilization was at 0.09-0.25%. I thought this was the explanation to the slowness in the connectivity so i looked up solutions and i found a help topic in the microsoft forums that said disabling Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter would stop this and i did it but still the same, so I am here asking if anyone can help here now not in 2008.

(There is 6 devices connected to by wifi but the other devices dont have the same problem at all)

I'm not sure if you had to install anything but if you did, uninstall and reinstall it

If you are using a router, reset it to factory default settings

Another tip I would suggest: Try using google dns

Archived