Trump Sues Univision For Not Broadcasting Miss Universe

rico

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/30/418990895/donald-trump-sues-univision-for-500-million

a few generic republican comments made by a presidential candidate turn into an absurdity of a $500 million lawsuit. i personally believe trump makes a solid point in his comments, but it is important to remember the core values of the american dream. america's legacy lies on the ability to start fresh and live free. of course, impoverished groups are likely to bring crime to any society, but these immigrants are willing to take the labor jobs that america needs filled.

thoughts on univision's/trump's actions?

Trumps comments were beyond stupid and horrendous. Good for Univision to tell him to fuck off. Trump virtually said the all the mexicians that come to the us are scum and that mexico only sends the bad Mexicans to the us lol wtf. Now he's butthurt that a american Spanish channel who's biggest audience are Hispanic/Mexicans canceled his show gtfo

"Impoverished groups are likely to bring crime to any society"

Poor=criminal scum confirmed ROFL

Brb going to the us to commit crime because its impossible to do it here in Mexico

Good for Trump Univison signed a contract with him they should honor it not keeping their end of the deal simply because Trump uttered some non-PC statements is ridiculous I hope he wins the lawsuit if you want to come to America from other countries there are ways to LEGALLY immigrate here and attempt to make a living pursuing the American Dream which most Americans don't really even have.

Realistically WTF could Univision do? They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Contract worth apparently millions, with a (really appallingly awful) presidential candidate and let down the people they are providing for, by supporting his case despite his clearly racist agenda against their viewer ship OR support the millions of people Trump so blatantly insulted and publicly ridiculed, and terminate the contract. Trump is overall in the wrong, however he is only hurting his own support by bringing his comments further into the open.

Realistically WTF could Univision do? They are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Contract worth apparently millions, with a (really appallingly awful) presidential candidate and let down the people they are providing for, by supporting his case despite his clearly racist agenda against their viewer ship OR support the millions of people Trump so blatantly insulted and publicly ridiculed, and terminate the contract. Trump is overall in the wrong, however he is only hurting his own support by bringing his comments further into the open.

How could he lose support he already lost any Hispanic support ROFL how to start your candidacy turn an entire group against you rofl

How could he lose support he already lost any Hispanic support ROFL how to start your candidacy turn an entire group against you rofl

and well, any one with Hispanic friends or even close acquaintances, wouldn't exactly be happy if a friend of mine was to be deported as I'm sure Trump thinks they all should be.

Considering places such as Canada, where some residents come from, where it is a multicultural society, thats not a good thing to say.

There are reasons why poverty exists, and i guarantee Trump is one of them. 

You can't say mexicans are the reason for crime while you are paying them with change you find in your couch. 

Thanks for fueling the double standard that "White people are racist"

I love how americans use freedom of speech to back up every retarded argument.

Don't forget the "American Dream" which very few people actually achieved whilst the rest who tried ended up in poverty. Made for effective propaganda, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Rofl prople still take trump seriously? After he made the claim that vaccines cause autism i think he lost what little credit he had.

>wants to be president

>scares away all latin voters

Strats are real

The number of mexicans who are able to vote is only 10%

And Donald trump is a republican and most mexicans vote democrat

"Mexico is sending some bad people" isn't racist

60-80% of central american women report being raped when crossing the border so I can see why donald trump would say "they're sending rapists"

But facts are RAYSIS

Source: http://fusion.net/story/17321/is-rape-the-price-to-pay-for-migrant-women-chasing-the-american-dream/

60-80% of central american women report being raped when crossing the border so I can see why donald trump would say "they're sending rapists"

But facts are RAYSIS

Facts also aren't facts unless your source them. Got any evidence for that ridiculous number?

sion.net/story/17321/is-rape-the-price-to-pay-for-migrant-women-chasing-the-american-dream/[/url]

Women and girl migrants, especially those without legal status traveling in remote areas or on trains, are at heightened risk of sexual violence at the hands of criminal gangs, people traffickers, other migrants or corrupt officials

Do realise that the people trafficers, the corrups officials ... AREN'T the people who he's talking about? (they are't the ones 'mexico sends' - they are the ones doing the sending)

And do realise that the corrupt officials, aren't neccecairly those on the mexican side, right? Allow me to point out:

Attempts to obtain comment from Border Patrol officials were not successful as of the Weekly's press time. But some cases have been sensational, such as the Border Patrol agent in Texas who was convicted of detaining a 23-year-old woman and driving her to a motel, where he sexually assaulted her. Or the ongoing investigation of a sprawling detention center in South Texas, operated by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, where a culture of rape, sexual coercion and cover-ups has reportedly existed for years.

Consider how offensive it must be to those women, raped by U.S. officials, that Trump is calling them the rapists ...

Women and girl migrants, especially those without legal status traveling in remote areas or on trains, are at heightened risk of sexual violence at the hands of criminal gangs, people traffickers, other migrants or corrupt officials

Do realise that the people trafficers, the corrups officials ... AREN'T the people who he's talking about? (they are't the ones 'mexico sends' - they are the ones doing the sending)

And do realise that the corrupt officials, aren't neccecairly those on the mexican side, right? Allow me to point out:

Attempts to obtain comment from Border Patrol officials were not successful as of the Weekly's press time. But some cases have been sensational, such as the Border Patrol agent in Texas who was convicted of detaining a 23-year-old woman and driving her to a motel, where he sexually assaulted her. Or the ongoing investigation of a sprawling detention center in South Texas, operated by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, where a culture of rape, sexual coercion and cover-ups has reportedly existed for years.

Consider how offensive it must be to those women, raped by U.S. officials, that Trump is calling them the rapists ...

So a couple dozen of officals rape the thousands->millions of illegal immigrants?

Seems like the human traffickers, bandits, and other migrants/gangs are the most common.

So a couple dozen of officals rape the thousands->millions of illegal immigrants?

Seems like the human traffickers, bandits, and other migrants/gangs are the most common.

I hope you don't consider "yeah, but there are less officials raping" as a justification of them doing so.

But regardless of that, it's important to note that officals (both U.S. and mexicans), traffickers, bandits, gangs ... are NOT the people Thrump was talking about. he was saying the migrants were rapists.

You pointing out that 60-80% of the migrant woman being raped and link that to Thrumps claim - That means means you blame migrant-on-migrant rape.

Not the trafficers.

Not the bandits.

Not the gangs.

Not the officials.

I hope you don't consider "yeah, but there are less officials raping" as a justification of them doing so.

But regardless of that, it's important to note that officals (both U.S. and mexicans), traffickers, bandits, gangs ... are NOT the people Thrump was talking about. he was saying the migrants were rapists.

You pointing out that 60-80% of the migrant woman being raped and link that to Thrumps claim - That means means you blame migrant-on-migrant rape.

Not the trafficers.

Not the bandits.

Not the gangs.

Not the officials.

"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.â€

Not saying I like Donald Trump. But let's not try to focus on the one part of the statement he said that you find racist, and blow it out of context.

"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.â€

Not saying I like Donald Trump. But let's not try to focus on the one part of the statement he said that you find racist, and blow it out of context.

First of, one? There are 4 parts of that statement that are racist. There are 3 generalisations to put a demographic in a bad daylight ... and the 'I assume' ... just just ... horrible.

It's not because there are immigrants who bring crime you can just willy nilly say they bring crime - under that logic, white people are racist: some, yes, all, no.

Secondly, you're quoting the wrong part of his speech. I'm responding to Jack saying

The mexicans that migrate aren't the trafficers, the bandits, the gangs, the official. Where Donald says "they're sending rapists" Jack in fact proved that more often then not, - at least the women are rape victims - not rapists

... and Mexico is sending some bad people isn't racist ... it's utterly wrong. Mexico doesn't send anyone - that's not how migration works.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived