Updated Classifieds Rules

polar

Please read and report away.

http://backpack.tf/rules

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Main changes here were to reflect issues we have been having with buy orders.

Thank you to Plax for putting this together and McKay for posting.

Please  instate a rule banning or at least frowning upon multiple listings of the same item, especially keys.

Also, how would you go about placing a buy order for, say a pro ks item when you dont want the regular item? If you place a buy order for the regular one with the price you're willing to pay for it and then include the modified version's price in the notes, isnt it reportable if you dont accept a trade offer for a regular version?

Please  instate a rule banning or at least frowning upon multiple listings of the same item, especially keys.

Also, how would you go about placing a buy order for, say a pro ks item when you dont want the regular item? If you place a buy order for the regular one with the price you're willing to pay for it and then include the modified version's price in the notes, isnt it reportable if you dont accept a trade offer for a regular version?

Brad has said before he doesn't have a problem with it. A person has a limit to the number of listings they can make. If they want to spend them all on the same item, that's their right. We could consider having a limit, but it's not something we've really looked at.

Killstreak items are considered separate items. There's a different page for them. So if you want to only by a pro ks item, you go to the pro ks page and list your buy order there. The regular / base item page is only for buy orders for the base item. You can do both in the same listing if you want, but the price you list has to be for the base item.

Do not list items asking for item offers or item overpay only. The listed price must be what you are willing to take in pure. This includes listings for CS:GO items.

How is this supposed to accomplish anything if the UI is the exact opposite?

7Lzqn0z.png

QwgLn0j.png

How is this supposed to accomplish anything if the UI is the exact opposite?

It's fine to ask for offers although it is redundant to state it explicitly given the whole point of trade offers. The blue trade offer button is supposed to reflect people who have listed their b/o in pure but are willing to take offers. The green trade offer button is meant for people who only want trade offers for their b/o in pure. That is essentially what is getting differentiated with the whole "open to offers" bit.

So would this be against the rules? Also if is against the rules what do i report it under.

n5gwFCx.png

"This user is refusing to sell his item at the listed price" i remember that guy, don't know why he isn't banned yet

If you are listing a generic buy order (e.g. buying any Chemistry Set or buying any unusual effect for a particular hat), your buy order must be the price you are willing to pay for ANY item. Don't list a buy order at 50 keys if you are only buying some Chemistry Sets for 50 keys.

What if you list a buy order of an item and you want it to be clean (given craft/uncraft items are already separate, in this context "clean" is basically "no gift tag")? Given it is only a minority of items with gift tags most people might not even consider it an issue except for a rare case where they get sent an offer for their buy order which happens to have a gift tag. I donno, I think I am expressing myself poorly here but I think people will get that I mean.

Do not list items asking for item offers or item overpay only.

Thank you for this new rule, became damn that is annoying, if you are looking for items put a damn buy order somewhere or make a trade on Outpost, don't go clogging up the classifieds with this crap.

What if you list a buy order of an item and you want it to be clean (given craft/uncraft items are already separate, in this context "clean" is basically "no gift tag")? Given it is only a minority of items with gift tags most people might not even consider it an issue except for a rare case where they get sent an offer for their buy order which happens to have a gift tag. I donno, I think I am expressing myself poorly here but I think people will get that I mean.

Thank you for this new rule, became damn that is annoying, if you are looking for items put a damn buy order somewhere or make a trade on Outpost, don't go clogging up the classifieds with this crap.

The icon of the item itself should be representative that it's not gifted you are looking for, beside you want to offer higher for the gifted version than the non-gifted version for an item, so you can cut queue? I think a lot of people would be very glad to sell you those even at the price other people are offering for clean ones

Gifted items are modified (and thus it's totally up to you if you want to accept them or in this case how much you're willing to pay for them). If you want them in particular you can list at a lower price but you must still accept clean ones.

So would this be against the rules? Also if is against the rules what do i report it under.

n5gwFCx.png

Well if you think about it, he is asking for 23-26 keys. He said max 26 keys and set the low end as 23 keys in items. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Archived