Black screen on my PC

Cave

Hey, everyone! Pro here! As the title says, my comp his screen is black, no start-up sound, but the buttons are working. (Num. lock, Caps lock...) I tried the trick with that battery. (Pull it out and push the power button.) But otters i didn't try anything. Thanks for reading, pro

Plug your video cable out and back in? I don't know if you use VGA, DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort, or if it's a laptop.

Plug your video cable out and back in? I don't know if you use VGA, DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort, or if it's a laptop.

Title clearly states it's a PC... ._ .

THE FUCKING CORD TO PLUG IT INTO THE MONITOR/TELEVISION

The fact that the buttons on the keyboard are working just means that the keyboard is still getting power. But have you made sure that the monitor isn't broken? And there's no startup sound?

If it beeps, take note of the beeps, I think when it beeps its a signal of some sort for an error code.

or if it's a laptop.

THE FUCKING CORD TO PLUG IT INTO THE MONITOR/TELEVISION

wtf are u on about tanner, that has nothing to do with knave's post lol

Assuming your monitor and stuff still lights up, you might want to check the ports, like if you've got the right input on the monitor and the cables are plugged in the right places, and maybe you've got the speakers plugged in the mic or something.

Gee, I hope you didn't break anything.

Yes, title explains his problem is indeed with his Personal Computer. But title does not elucidate whether or not its a laptop, or desktop. In fact, context from OP seems to indicate laptop, whereas your post seems to indicate title implies desktop. I don't know about you, but what desktop has a battery?

I tried the trick with that battery. (Pull it out and push the power button.)

Anyways, OP, perhaps your laptop overheated? You set on on some surface like your sofa or bed for a few hours while it was on, forget about it, come back to it being off?

Btw, it's a laptop w/ AMD. Anyways, i left it a week on my normal desk (Glass), there is no sound coming out of it. The only thing it is doing is making the fans spin.

Hey, everyone! Pro here! As the title says, my comp his screen is black, no start-up sound, but the buttons are working. (Num. lock, Caps lock...) I tried the trick with that battery. (Pull it out and push the power button.) But otters i didn't try anything. Thanks for reading, pro

Well lets see, if there is no beeps then the system failed POST and the mother board is toast... if nothing else it could be the GPU but then again it might have on board graphics... then the mother board is still toast...

Edit: This could be many reasons, a capacitor on the board may have burst and spilt, you may have pushed the CPU too hard and over charge the board, you also may have just got a bad board. If you didn't build it yourself I'd give the manufacturer a call and tell them your issue.

This can be the problem, a couple of months ago my motherboard was broken. They replaced it. Anyways,

A warning to all. Don't buy Toshiba. It's atleast the third time it is broken.

Well lets see, if there is no beeps then the system failed POST and the mother board is toast... if nothing else it could be the GPU but then again it might have on board graphics... then the mother board is still toast...

Edit: This could be many reasons, a capacitor on the board may have burst and spilt, you may have pushed the CPU too hard and over charge the board, you also may have just got a bad board. If you didn't build it yourself I'd give the manufacturer a call and tell them your issue.

This can be the problem, a couple of months ago my motherboard was broken. They replaced it. Anyways, A warning to all. Don't buy Toshiba. It's atleast the third time it is broken.

All laptops are indeed craptops, invest in a Custom Desktop so you can replace broken parts instead of the entire computer.

All laptops are indeed craptops, invest in a Custom Desktop so you can replace broken parts instead of the entire computer.

Some people have uses for laptops, you know. Like me, I move A WHOLE LOT.

Well, for non-gaming purposes laptops are perfect, businesses need them so they can work on the move.

Archived