PC Performace Tips

SirSkelly

So Im getting kind of annoyed on how some of my games run smoothly and some dont. Any suggestions on how to improve performance? Besiege gets around 30-40 fps and Gas Guzzlers Extreme gets 15-20. Ive lowered the settings down to minimum and it still sucks. Ive heard with TF2 you can make it run on DX8 for better performance. Im not running anything in the background so it can't be that.

Keep your pc free of viruses and malware, I'd recommend malwarebytes if you don't use it already.

Use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary files and fix registery errors.

It could also just be that your hardware is getting outdated for newer games.

Keep your pc free of viruses and malware, I'd recommend malwarebytes if you don't use it already.

Use CCleaner to get rid of unnecessary files and fix registery errors.

It could also just be that your hardware is getting outdated for newer games.

I dont really download any shady things, at least not anymore. I haven't had anything bad happen. My PC is 7 years old so maybe thats it.

intel i5 m540

intel 3000HD graphics

8GB Ram

That's more than sufficient for TF2 if you get lag in that. Never mind, that GPU is holding you back really badly.

Can you check the BIOS for anything that controls performance?

I dont really download any shady things, at least not anymore. I haven't had anything bad happen. My PC is 7 years old so maybe thats it.

Malware just causes clutter and doesn't necessarily cause bad things besides slowing you're pc down. If you've never used it I'd be surprised if you didn't find at least a few things with it.

Your GPU could definitely use an upgrade as well.

Malware just causes clutter and doesn't necessarily cause bad things besides slowing you're pc down. If you've never used it I'd be surprised if you didn't find at least a few things with it.

Your GPU could definitely use an upgrade as well.

Im getting a new computer over the summer anyways. I don't have admin rights on my PC, so I cant download anything to check, all I have is Microsoft Security Essentials.

your computer is 7 years old and a laptop so don't be surprised it gets such terrible performance

muh 60 fps cod

2.53GHz isn't bad, but it's a Dual Core w/ HT so it isn't perfect. Intel HD3000 is comparable to an HD5450 which is an entry-level graphics card, but a dedicated GPU will always be better. 8GB of RAM is what most PC Gamers use, but usually in the DDR3-1600 format. It can run TF2 for sure, some other games would be CS:GO and Just Cause 2 at the lower settings, don't expect nothing fancy out of it like ArmA 3 or GTA V; Just be glad you aren't one of the people stuck with a Pentium and Rage 128.

Archived