Question regarding OP ban

eggbot

So recently , i got a temp. Ban on OP for trading with the alt of a marked scammer ( First ban on anything [emoji14] )

However , i did check his SR b4 i traded him and he was clean

I neglected to check OP and Bp.tf thou , he we was banned on those websites

So , my question is

Is my ban fully justified ?

91c9711ed03ed38638bf889eb740ccd7.jpg

Thanks guys

P.S sirpiloko is a nice guy :D

I wouldn't call someone with a pending report "clean"

I usually don't trade with people if they have a report on them. Pending or not

Just checking SR is no where near these days because of steamrep's current status amongst the community (being useless) due to their year+ backlog and even longer for appeals many users dont bother reporting to SR.

This means you will need to check up their outpost, backpack.tf and maybe f.o.g. at the very least or else you will miss a scammer and you will be punished for it. Unless the account did look like a legit account being unable to differentiate it from a scammer unless you had to do some serious research and the item you were trading shouldnt warrant such a indepth look you might get away with it (i.e. like items less than a bills)

My caution and permanent ban on tf2outpost are due to trades with accounts that weren't banned on any trading websites at the time of trade, they were just "Obvious alts".

Be very careful. Check the tf2 hours of the people you trade with, the backpack chart (for massive recent spikes, especially going from <10 dollars to a couple hundred), and friends list for active traders.

It's very easy to find yourself banned for something you didn't realize you did. Don't let it happen again, or you might end up like me.

My caution and permanent ban on tf2outpost are due to trades with accounts that weren't banned on any trading websites at the time of trade, they were just "Obvious alts".

Be very careful. Check the tf2 hours of the people you trade with, the backpack chart (for massive recent spikes, especially going from <10 dollars to a couple hundred), and friends list for active traders.

It's very easy to find yourself banned for something you didn't realize you did. Don't let it happen again, or you might end up like me.

Just checking SR is no where near these days because of steamrep's current status amongst the community (being useless) due to their year+ backlog and even longer for appeals many users dont bother reporting to SR.

This means you will need to check up their outpost, backpack.tf and maybe f.o.g. at the very least or else you will miss a scammer and you will be punished for it. Unless the account did look like a legit account being unable to differentiate it from a scammer unless you had to do some serious research and the item you were trading shouldnt warrant such a indepth look you might get away with it (i.e. like items less than a bills)

I wouldn't call someone with a pending report "clean"

I usually don't trade with people if they have a report on them. Pending or not

Yes.

Thanks guys

Archived