PLEASE READ (I got scammed)

Locomonkey77

I unboxed a burning bonk leadwear a few days ago on a mincraft trade server and i immediatley got a trade request from (cross) coffinfeeder (cross) he said he would give me 250 dollers i said no but maybe later cause i thought he was a scammer. when no ther deals were better i decided to go with it i got him to go up to 280$ and it seemed all good. he said i had to give him the hat first beacuse he had more +rep which he did, he had a lot! I said no at first but i could understand where he was coming from. i traded him the hat gave him my email address and i was waiting for the email. nothing showed up and of course he said he had to go and it would show up in 20 minutes. his name is coffinfeeder with two crosses one space apart from each other i just have no idea how to type a cross on a computer. i know there is a slim chance of me getting my item back but he wont add my friend request and ive talked to some of his friends and people who have given him plus rep to try to help me. Please help me get my first unusual baby back or adleast get him banned for scamming. AND PLEASE DO NOT BUY BURNING FLAMES BONK LEADWEAR PAINTED ABUNDANCE OF TINGE!!!! there is only one please people getting scammed sucks, alot. 

Nothing much you can do. You can attempt a steamrep support but that will require chat screenshots. 

Next time, be more careful.

that guy is a jerk, I will try to talk to him for you

Pill already talked to him, I strongly doubt that you can achieve anything.

Nothing much you can do. You can attempt a steamrep support but that will require chat screenshots. 

Next time, be more careful.

do they ask for screenshots... i think they always give u a formal reponse and ignore you afterwards.

however im not sure what criterias are needed to be met to ban someone.. but i think our so called SR marked scammers, ppl buying from from hijacker associates/alt (not hijacked accounts) are quite immune from the ban. 

Rico, if you wanna report someone you need screenshots of your PayPal history / current balance and your trading history. That would be all.

If is someone buying scammed / hijacked items and you've got proofs of it that someone can be marked too.

Hm fan of Morrigan

Rico, if you wanna report someone you need screenshots of your PayPal history / current balance and your trading history. That would be all.

If is someone buying scammed / hijacked items and you've got proofs of it that someone can be marked too.

Hm fan of Morrigan

You need also chat history screenshots.

Hi.

im not talking about steam rep. i mean the valve response and steam trade ban.

valve doesn't really deal with scammers unless they scam multiple people, and they all report the scammer. 

then why do they keep stressing its traders' responsibilities to check their trades before confirmation. 

it is reasonable to assume that they do ban those professional scammers, but casual scamming would likely be neglected. even if thats the case, i think those bans are temp, which the smart ones would set up a new account for a cleaner slate. but idk, it seems like urban legends, idk how they work.

then why do they keep stressing its traders' responsibilities to check their trades before confirmation. 

it is reasonable to assume that they do ban those professional scammers, but casual scamming would likely be neglected. even if thats the case, i think those bans are temp, which the smart ones would set up a new account for a cleaner slate. but idk, it seems like urban legends, idk how they work.

Valve doesn't ban most scammers, just look at SRs database, the vast majority aren't trade banned/locked. Valve only trade bans in special cases (ex: L4L), where one person scams multiple people and they all report it. 

Think about valves paypal policy. If they truly didn't want paypal, they could stop it quite easily. So its evident valve really does want paypal trading to exist (as it is whats keeping the economy alive, and what keeps driving it forward). HOWEVER, as valve has no control with a paypal trade they also refuse to support them. This way when someone gets screwed with a pp trade valve can just say, "We don't support pp trades, therefore its your problem if you get scammed."

Such fucking scum...christ

"Its not my problem that he didn't recieve it, i sent it and all..."

No, its still your problem, YOU are reponsible to pay him. If you messed up and sent the payment to the wrong email its still your damn fault....

And the bullshit "i disabled my pp account"....i seriously hope the SR admin who deals with that marks the fucker

I unboxed a burning bonk leadwear a few days ago on a mincraft trade server and i immediatley got a trade request from (cross) coffinfeeder (cross) he said he would give me 250 dollers i said no but maybe later cause i thought he was a scammer. when no ther deals were better i decided to go with it i got him to go up to 280$ and it seemed all good. he said i had to give him the hat first beacuse he had more +rep which he did, he had a lot! I said no at first but i could understand where he was coming from. i traded him the hat gave him my email address and i was waiting for the email. nothing showed up and of course he said he had to go and it would show up in 20 minutes. his name is coffinfeeder with two crosses one space apart from each other i just have no idea how to type a cross on a computer. i know there is a slim chance of me getting my item back but he wont add my friend request and ive talked to some of his friends and people who have given him plus rep to try to help me. Please help me get my first unusual baby back or adleast get him banned for scamming. AND PLEASE DO NOT BUY BURNING FLAMES BONK LEADWEAR PAINTED ABUNDANCE OF TINGE!!!! there is only one please people getting scammed sucks, alot. 

My website has guides built in that talk about securing yourself in the TF2 world. There will be a guide released soon that covers this and explains how you can avoid it.

This sucks that you had to go through this, add me if you'd like and I can help you further preventing shit like this happening again.

-T

Archived