So my friend just got hacked by a scammer alt, what do i do?

A Modest Espeon

This is the first time anything has ever happened to me, i always hear stories of scary hackers, but i never really thought someone would actually want to do this to someone

Well, it happened, and people are generally horrible people

Before

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198048984878?time=1428822000

After

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198048984878?time=1429254000

Haunted Exorcizor  
33.23 USD

Subtotal  
33.23 USD
Team Fortress 2 fee  
3.32 USD
Steam transaction fee  
1.66 USD (fees charged by Valve Corp.)

Total  
38.21 USD

This was waiting in his email

My friend downloaded a mumble program with a virus (+rep how 2 internet)
And well, this just happened

The asshole's account:

He is banned for being a scammer alt on tf2outpost

Also a hacker, 266 hours on tf2 with all achieves, must really like dem achieves
Before
After

Not the first time either, he scammed from this guy
The assholes bp at that time
unusuals went to this guy

Second time
Scammed from this guy
Went to this guy

His alt:

Now here's my problem, what should i do?
I have no idea what to do

How would you approach steam support?
How would I even begin to bash this guy?
Why even go through the trouble of doing this when you can do better things then stealing virtual items from other people

Did your friend have email confirmation enabled? If not, then Steam support won't return his items.

Tell your friend to make a ticket to Steam Support explaining the situation, and they should reset the password. Tell him to also run multiple virus/malware scans to make sure his computer is clean.

Did your friend have email confirmation enabled? If not, then Steam support won't return his items.

Tell your friend to make a ticket to Steam Support explaining the situation, and they should reset the password. Tell him to also run multiple virus/malware scans to make sure his computer is clean.

Holy shit a latias, i love latias, best tank ever in pokemon

Can i get the artist for your picture?

Ok back to buisness

yes it was disabled, but there have been instances where steam has returned items, even though they don't have too

Holy shit a latias, i love latias, best tank ever in pokemon

Can i get the artist for your picture?

Ok back to buisness

yes it was disabled, but there have been instances where steam has returned items, even though they don't have too

I took a picture from Google Images and cropped it, I can send you a PM to the full picture.

And because it was disabled, Steam Support won't return any of his items. They have a very strict policy and because he took the risk he now has to pay the price. Sorry.

I took a picture from Google Images and cropped it, I can send you a PM to the full picture.

And because it was disabled, Steam Support won't return any of his items. They have a very strict policy and because he took the risk he now has to pay the price. Sorry.

ffs

he paid real money for this

it specifically says they won't, so they won't.

Yet some people still get their items back.

it specifically says they won't, so they won't.

Both of you are wrong, Steam has done it in the past

Yet some people still get their items back.

Didn't see you there rip

Both of you are wrong, Steam has done it in the past

Didn't see you there rip

phew

at least its not as bad as it is

I can't believe people still get scammed by these people.

Anyone scammed by phishers in this day and age, especially people with unusual and a knowledge of trading deserve it.

Message steam support and moan and they'll give him his unusual back.

I can't believe people still get scammed by these people.

Anyone scammed by phishers in this day and age, especially people with unusual and a knowledge of trading deserve it.

Message steam support and moan and they'll give him his unusual back.

no unusual, mostly expensive items 

jlHwa0p.png

They still do it, several people have recently as well. You just gotta keep whining to them.

Since it was a virus that stole his items support "might" do something 

takamura is that you?

takamura-is-about-to-rape-you_o_1066592.

Hey if they really do something, that would be awesome

takamura is that you?

takamura-is-about-to-rape-you_o_1066592.

Hey if they really do something, that would be awesome

You should be taking this more seriously and why are you complaining about it instead of your friend

I've heard stories of people with email confirm turned off just turning it back on before their message to steam support. Apparently, steam support doesn't bother to check whether or not it was on at the time of the scam, but just whether it's on now or not. 

So I suggest your friend turns it on, and messages steam support. Try to make sure his message to them has all of the information they need to act quickly, then pray.

You should be taking this more seriously and why are you complaining about it instead of your friend

He is in shock right now, bear with it for now, hes contacting steam support

I've heard stories of people with email confirm turned off just turning it back on before their message to steam support. Apparently, steam support doesn't bother to check whether or not it was on at the time of the scam, but just whether it's on now or not. 

So I suggest your friend turns it on, and messages steam support. Try to make sure his message to them has all of the information they need to act quickly, then pray.

Lots of psychic pokemon these days

And yes he turned it on

This guide from polar helped me a lot to get my stuff back! Do everything in this post!

Hurry up! Because Steam is still duping stolen items (if you insist, like me). Probably because the new "Email Trade Confirmation" is still new and many people disabled it (They wont dupe soon)

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1206-guide-to-recovering-hijacked-items/

I got hijacked and lost all my unusuals on 14 february of this year, 1 month AFTER the new Steam policy had been applied. (which is, as you know, if you had disabled the "trade email confirmation" feature, if you got hijacked, Steam wont reverse the trade and wont do nothing about it.)

After losing everything worthy in my backpack, I wrote 2 well made tickets, waited 14 days, each, to get some answer from Support Tech, but both got denied, and he just answered "You disabled the Steam E-mail Trade Confirmation, we will not return your items at any circustances", and both were answered by the same Support Tech....

When I had LOSE 100% THE HOPE of getting back my unusuals, I wrote the same ticket, 1 week after... Just to piss off Steam techs, maybe... Just for fun... after all I just had quit Steam forever...

DADAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

after only 40 minutes (A MIRACLE HAD HAPPENED!), I got a totally unusual answer from Steam, from another Support Tech.. not the guy who answered the 2 previous tickets...
here's the answer!

Support_Answer_2.png

Steam_Recovered_Unusuals.png

I'm so tired of hearing of these stupid fucking stories. How about don't be a dipshit and use that lump 3 feet above your ass? I really wish/hope Steam would actually enforce their zero support policy like they said they would so these people that get scammed for being dumb have to actually face the consequences for not thinking. 

Archived